Chapter 16

"Oh. My. Goodness, wow." You mumbled, your mouth falling open as you admired the place Hiromi had rented. Your eyes were wide with wonder and baffleness at the paradise in front of you. The place looked almost royal with it's shiny statues and personalized gardens. Beautiful plants littered and decorated the place with georgous flowers adorning them and a small reserved fantasy water source could be heard dripping in the expensive looking inn's backyard. You could not have asked for better.

You were sure to be treated with care and gentleness if you were going to spend the night there. You couldn't even wait to see the menue. You almost felt bad for walking in.

"Are you kidding me?! I never would've guessed pee-paw Shadow would come through with something like this for 3 thousand yen!!" Reki exclaimed happily as stars twinkled in his eyes. Was he really about to enter such a prestigious place for such a low price?! He could barely believe it!

You saw Cherry Blossom take the first steps in silence towards the inn, giving you a clue that you could follow him in. You along with Langa, Reki and Miya started marching happily to the place with high hopes for the night, until you heard the call from behind you.

"Guys! We're over here!" Hiromi called out right before you turned around and your face falling at the place you faced. It made more sense as to why it was three thousand yen. It was a guesthouse filled with cracks and old vines crawling on the sides and rats could most likely enter and skitter through the giant holes in the walls. The sign next to the door was falling to the ground and the windows were replaced with brown cartons to prevent the wind from coming in, but not water if it ever were to rain. This place was falling apart and you would spend the night in it. Of course, you couldn't get any better.

You sighed, ready to give up your life at this point."Aight, Imma be sleeping outside. The left tree is my bed."

....

"I hate you guys." You said, looking around the small, cramped and dusty room you had been placed in. The walls brimmed with cracks on the inside as well and the beds were all in a messy pile in the corner of the room. A little more and you'd fear for your life with how fragile the ceiling looked. It was so small that the heat was unbearable and up to asphyxiation as there were no air conditioners around the place to ventilate. So it doesn't take long for four people in a tiny, no windowed, unfiltered room to start suffocating when the air filled itself of carbon dioxide in a matter of no time.

"We're for nothing! This sucks just as much for us!" Reki whined, a hand on your back. Since it had been a while that he had been next to you, the red head took the opportunity to take the first place closest to you when you had sat down in the room. His hand stood there, not moving, just...touching you.

"Shut up, we barely had to pay anything." Hiromi groaned out, the hem of his shirt in both hands as he let the air of the tiny fan in front of him cool him off, his stomach on display. Since the air directly hit him and there had been no open spaces for the air to go out, the room started smelling like his strong colong and sweat, making you cringe. You had to get out of here, the smell of boys had been too prominent for you.

"Yeah, thanks to the senior discount." Miya irritatingly commented. He hadn't looked up from his video game, the only thing distracting him from dying.

"Hey! Watch it, punk! I'm not freaking eighty yet!" Hiromi growled as you sighed, crossing your arms on the table.

"I'm so thirsty, it's incredible. I feel like I'll need to wait until it starts raining to have an ounce of water." You whined, looking at the time on your phone as you slumped on the wooden table. It had been fifteen minutes and yet, it felt like hours since you had gulped in a good amount of oxygen. What did you do to deserve this? "Or should I think about recycling toilet paper."