Chapter 4

(F/F)=Favorite food

All day....All day at school had Reki talked about 'S'. Without even letting you and Langa take a breather, Reki had explained the ups and down about the 'S' race. Even if you had heard those rules and explanations a couple thousand times before, by Reki himself. But really, what could another time do to you?

"Start at the top of the hill and stop at the bottom of the abandoned factory. Everyone shoots fire through the mine, were talking about 60 mph at the very least! Oh! And if you want to sabotage your opponents, you can! Whatever you gotta do to get to the goal first!" Reki exclaimed, playing with the mini skateboard he had brought with him this morning.

You were sat at his desk and he was sat on top of it while poor Langa slumped face first on his desk as if all life had been drained from his body. You could relate, you just didn't show it. You knew 'S' was as important as breathing air to Reki, so you let him talk about it, knowing that Langa would need those infos for later.
.
.
.
.
"Everybody who takes part in a dual puts something important on the line." Reki pipped, crossing his eating sticks as you and Langa munched on your food. Langa had brought himself a sandwich while you had (F/F) for dinner. You listened with a piece between your lips as Reki barely even touched his food.

"Money, an apology, girls" Reki mentioned before you abruptly stopped munching on your food to slowly turn and narrow your eyes at him.

'As if I was a prize to be won. Yeah, you wish.' You thought bitterly.

"Hey, is that a real bento box?" Langa asked out of the blue, not at all listening to what Reki had been telling him about for the past 5 minutes.

'RIP.' You thought with the smallest grin.

"How is that what you're concerned about!?" Reki asked with a frown, taking the object out of the curious boy's view.
.
.
.
.
"I make my own, you know." Reki said, pacing around the back of the store where he mostly liked to customize his own made up skateboards. Sketchy trailing right by his side at his feet and following him around curiously.

"Your what?" Langa asked, next to the work desk in the middle of the room. You sat on it with one feet dangling from the side and an elbow propped on your other knee.

You observed curiously as Reki brought with him an unfinished skateboard to the table, wondering what he had planned to do with it this time. You normally came here with him to watch him do his work or to help him with the materials and after that, Reki would tell you what the clients wanted as designs. You were creative so you had fun while doing the drawings and the drafts before actually sketching the fanales. You normally put on some background music to listen together or you got out your earbuds and you both listened from an ear. Piecefull times together.

"Skateboards of course. Try to keep up..."

Sketchy jumped on the working table and joined your side, knowing he'd get the scratches he wanted. And scratchy he got. He purred like usual and lifted his chin so you could scratch the bottom and the sides. And after that, people wondered why he liked you so much.

"Oh...that's actually really impressive." Langa mumbled, watching Reki work his magic on the skateboard.

"I know, right. This dude could spend hours on a single skateboard without even faltering. And he doesn't even realize it! 'Reki it's been five hours, already. I think it's time for you to take a break.' ' HuH!? BUt I wAs sURe iT hAD onLY bEen aN hOUr?!'" You impersonated, remembering a time where Reki had been so devoted to his work that he hadn't even noticed the time fly by.

"Hey! You don't either! When you draw or sketch you can spend up to five hours without realizing it! I have to come get you for you to take a break or else you wouldn't stop. But even so, we still both have a lot to learn." Reki said, rubbing the board to make the wood better.
"The goal is to make the best skateboard people have ever seen. Then use it in a race to skate better than we ever have before, and win." He continued with a soft smile decorating his features. He truly did wish for that to happen.