Chapter 7

A bitter laugh broke through my lips. Sebastian's grey eyes darkened.

"What if you do?" I asked.

Sebastian looked confused.

"What if you give up again? Huh Sebastian?" Sebastian opened his mouth to speak. His face was pained. I got up from the couch.

"You gave up on us before. Why should I trust you again? You didn't even try the first time. You just gave up like that without a fight. Without a fight for our love. What if you quit again?" I was full on crying. "We loved each other Sebastian." I looked at him. I was angry. He looked away but not before I saw that his eyes were filled up with unshed tears.

"I understood that you had trust issues. I still understand. But it didn't give you the right to quit without even trying." I said softly. "What if we were like Cole and Stephanie? What if we had made it through Sebastian?" My voice came out soft with hurt and sadness. "I can't let you hurt me again. It would break me if it already hasn't."

I sat down again and a sob broke free.

Silence.

I cried on the couch while Sebastian kept on standing there by the door.

I heard footsteps after a while and Sebastian kneeled down in front of me.

I didn't look at him. His hand came up and caught hold of my chin. Then he pulled my face upwards to meet his eyes. He looked bad.

His grey eyes were dull with sorrow and I could see tear tracks down his cheek.

His hand reached out and wiped my tears away.

"Adalynn. I have regretted that decision since the day I broke up with you. I had bad trust issues. Really bad. And I didn't know what else to do. I was overwhelmed and acted on poor decision. I was distressed days before you were to leave. I wanted to be ready for you to try long distance but I was breaking inside. I broke your heart and my heart that day. I didn't want to. Trust me. But I was soo overwhelmed that I decided to make this decision because I didn't have that trust in me. After we broke up I regretted it. I was a wreck. I decided to act on my issues and even found someone to talk to about it. It took years. But I am better. I can't say I am completely okay and there are no problems. That would be a lie. But I am getting better day by day. I am getting that trust in me." His eyes were on me the entire time.

"And Adalynn. I am not letting you go now. I made that mistake once and I had lived with it. And I am not doing that again. Even if I have to earn you back. I loved you and those feelings still live in my heart however hard I tried to forget them. " Sebastian added softly.

I sniffled shakily as I heard his words.

"But. I want to know if there is still a chance. Have I lost you?" His eyes moved to my ring finger then back up. "Are those feelings still there or am I coming up to a dead end."

His grey eyes were foggy with fear as he awaited my answer.

"If you are asking that if I am in a relationship then I am not. I haven't been able to love anyone since you." His grey eyes lit up with hope. "But I need time Sebastian. I can't just dive head first in like nothing happened. It's been seven years. We need to know each other and I need to completely trust you before I even think about something happening between us." He nodded in understanding.

"I am not going anywhere now sweetheart. I'll get you back." It was a blow to my heart hearing the nickname but the blow was cushioned by the hope that had swelled up in my chest.

____________

I offered Sebastian my guest bedroom till he was here. Not the most logical thing.

He was almost done booking his hotel room when I blurted out and offered him a guest bedroom.

I guess I didn't want to be lonely.

He asked me if I was sure like 200 times before he picked his suitcase and moved it up to the room.

So yeah, he was upstairs probably freshning up and I was downstairs in the kitchen setting out the dinner. I was grateful that I brought a lot extra food.

I set the table and brought out the food when Sebastian walked down. He was freshly showered, his hair was wet. He wore  black pajama shorts and a white t shirt. His stubble was freshly trimmed to neatness.

I liked the stubble on him.

I looked down at myself. I was still wearing jeans and a top. Should have probably gotten changed too.

"What do we have for dinner?" Sebastian asked as he sank into the dinning chair. He looked around at all the cheese then looked up at my face, there was amusement on his face.

"Your favourite foods I see."

I blushed. "I had a bad day and didn't eat all day. This was all for me. I didn't expect you to sprout up."

I sat down in front of him with a full plate. "Why the bad day?" He asked as he bit into the cheesy lasagna.

I blushed and looked down at my food. "Because of you."

Sebastian turned his attention at me fully at that. His face turned sad and a small furrow came up between his eyebrows. "Why? I am sorry Adalynn."

Maybe it was our past connection and Sebastian gave off this comfortable vibe where it felt like you could tell him anything. And that's why I told him.

__________

Continued in the next chapter.

What do you think?

I want honest opinions.