Part 1: Chapter 1

HI!

NICE TO SEE YOU GUYS.

HOW ARE YOU?

I AM SOO EXCITED FOR THIS NEW STORY OF MINE. ARE YOU?

I AM A TINY BIT PROUD TOO OF THIS STORY SO I HOPE YOU LIKE IT

THIS STORY IS GONNA GO FAST. I KNOW YOU ALL ARE ACCUSTOMED TO THE MAIN CHARACTERS GETTING TOGETHER AFTER LIKE 12 THOUSAND CHAPTERS BUT NOT HERE. SO YEAH. BEAR WITH ME. I HAVE A FEW IDEAS FOR THIS STORY AND I HOPE YOU LIKE IT.

BTW, THIS STORY HAS TWO PARTS.

"Mom! The cab is here already." I yelled after my mother who rushed inside to get me my snacks for the journey.

"Hold up Adalynn! Just a second." I rolled my eyes at my mom's reply.

My mother always got paranoid when it came to me going somewhere alone. She always tried to make sure that I had everything and even extras. It always made me feel like a baby.

"Okay got it! Here you go." My mom rushed outside and handed me the parcel with food in it. "These are some snacks for your way."

I took it and my mom crushed me in a tight hug. "Take care please."

I hugged her back. "I will mom, don't worry."

"Take care of your Nina as well, okay."

I groaned. "Mom, don't worry! I will call you when I land."

She nodded and kissed my forehead.

And then I was off. I was going to visit my Nina (mother's mother) for the whole summer. She lived in a small town by the ocean and I loved going there to visit her. I was very excited to meet her because it's been two years since I last saw her so she demanded that I should go visit her during the summer.

It was just the break I wanted. I just passed high school and was gonna go to college the next fall. So it all came at the right time. A little break by the ocean sounded very relaxing and exciting.

_______________

I landed in the town about 2 hours later. I breathed in the tropic air, the saltiness of the ocean very evident in it. Sweat and stickiness immediately drenched me because of the humidity. I sighed in relief. This was my type of weather.

Nina's house was about 30 minutes away from the airport. So I got a cab and got into it. The excitement was making me restless.

Nina was the best person ever in this whole world. She loved me, pampered me even when I was soon going to be 19 and took care of me like a baby.

I didn't mind being a baby in front of my grandma oddly. Instead I quite liked it.

The cab dropped me off after an hour. The streets were crowded because it was a tourist-y season for this place.

I grinned as I saw my favourite place.

"Lee! Oh my God my baby." Nina rushed out from her house as she saw me. Her face was shaped in the biggest of smiles as she hugged me. "I missed you so much." She kissed my cheek dearly.

"I missed you too Nina." I engulfed her in a hug, tightening my arms around her short self.

My Nina was the liveliest person to ever exist. She was this plump, short lady with her face covered with the gentlest smiles always.

"You look so grown." She cupped my face in her soft hands and smiled up at me. "And so pretty."

I smiled back at her. "Not more than you Nina. You are always pretty." I winked. My grandma bursted out laughing.

"Come on in and take care of that head of yours." Nina passed me an amused smile. She always joked about my height. I was a solid 5 foot 10 and I low key hated it.

_______________

After stuffing me with a load of food and gossiping for hours Nina finally set me free. We caught up like the old times.

She made me my favourite for lunch. I had the delicious chicken casserole along with cherry pie for lunch. Life was bliss.

"So Lee tell me how have you been?" Nina asked.

I have been fine because my life was boring and dull.

I was Adalynn Cooper. I was soon gonna be 19 and I would be going off to college to study music. It had been a passion of mine since I was barely 3. I was tall, like really really tall and I hated that about me. My jet black hair and hazel eyes were nothing out of the common, I was an ordinary human always looking for sleep and relaxation.

"I have been fine." I shrugged.

My Nina put her hand on my arm as if urging me to speak more. "What about your love life? Is there any boy that I should be aware about?" She asked, her eyes glinting with curiosity.

I snorted. My love life had been inactive almost my whole life. No one was freaking interested in me!

I had a boyfriend when I was 16 but we barely dated for a month.

So yeah, single forever.

"If there is someone then he is hiding from me as well." I rolled my eyes.

She sighed heavily. "For now." She squeezed my arm. "Soon you will find your one too."

I scoffed. "Where? On a hot dog stand?"

Nina laughed at that and got up to get herself a glass of water. "Have patience Lee."

Well, I am in no hurry. Take your time dream man, as long as you want. Because I am sure you ain't real.

____________________

You made it through the first chapter!

Nina sounds great doesn't she?

And do you like the name Adalynn?