Chapter 20

Listen to 'Thinking out Loud' by Ed Sheeran while reading this chapter. Highly recommend.

The elevator opened up and Sebastian pulled me out with him. His hand was still in mine but his was getting clammy.

He got the keys to the penthouse and inserted them in the key hole. The locked clicked loudly.

His hand hovered over the knob but he turned to look at me. His grey eyes were completely serious.

"This is your house as well as mine now Adalynn. This is our house. " Sebastian took in a deep breath. "You and me, we are going to be walking into a new life now. Together."

His hand tightened in mine and he opened the door to our penthouse.

My heart dropped from a million floors when I took in a step and saw the appartment.

I gasped loudly as I saw a million candles lit up in the living room. It was completely dark except for the extreme number of candles that were there to light up my way to the middle of the living room. The middle of the living room had a huge circle of candles then inside it, there were rose petals scattered around.

It was beautiful. Simple and beautiful.

Sebastian pulled his hand from mine and moved away to do something. He closed the door behind us first then music started playing softly in the background.

My pulse quickened as I recognised the song.

It was 'Thinking out Loud' by Ed Sheeran.

It was our song.

The song we danced to before saying I love you to each other for the first time.

He remembered.

A familiar hand caught mine again. "Dance with me." Sebastian's voice came up next to my ear. It was barely a whisper.

Goosebumps coloured my arms.

I tightened my hold on his hand and walked with him to the centre of the circle.

Sebastian pulled me into his arms tightly. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he wrapped his arms around my waist. His face was pressed in the crook of my neck.

We started swaying slowly to the song. I closed my eyes as I felt Sebastian kiss my neck lightly and whisper I love you under his breath.

It was magical.

The whole song we were pressed against each other, engulfed in each other's arms, holding each other. The moment felt soo vulnerable and full of love. It was certainly a moment to remember.

The song ended and Sebastian pulled back slightly.

"Adalynn, my love. You are the sunshine in my life, the North Star I turn to when I am lost and the forever I look forward to." He took in a deep breath again. "The day you dropped my hot dog sandwich, you found a way in my heart. Till this day you are still there, your presence growing stronger day by day. You have my heart. It has been yours seven years ago and it had been only yours to keep since. I fall deeper and deeper in love with you every single day." My heart fluttered at his words. " Seven years ago I made a mistake. I have regretted that mistake every single day of my life. I spent the last seven years knowing that I knew love, I got love but still lost it. And I don't want to do that anymore, don't even want to take a chance." Sebastian let out a shuddering gasp and removed something from his pocket. His hands were shaking.

He removed a box from his pocket and slowly knelt down in front of me. I gasped loudly and covered my mouth. My eyes instantly filled up with tears as I realised what was happening. My stomach was filled with a swarm of butterflies and my heart was pounding in my chest. As Sebastian caught my hands I felt shaky on my legs.

"My love for you never faded away. I loved you seven years ago and I love you now. With all my heart. You were my sweetheart and you still are. That never changed. You are my home, my forever destination. " His grey eyes were bright with tears. "I made a mistake seven years ago. And I want to make it right again. This time forever. I don't want to wait anymore. I want to call you mine forever."

Sebastian slowly removed the ring from the box. It shone brightly in the light of the candles. It was beautiful.

"You are my happiness sweetheart. My first love and my last. I love you so much."

I was a crying mess.

"Will you marry me Adalynn Cooper?" Sebastian's voice was rough with tears. I was shaking on my legs. Goosebumps coated my whole skin and my breathing stopped when I heard the question.

"Yes." I said through my tears. "Yes." I said it loudly the second time with a big smile on my tear stained face. My heart was soaring. I was so happy, so in love. My heart was erratic in my chest.

Sebastian glowed with happiness as he smiled at me then with shaky hands slipped the ring on my finger.

I pulled him up and kissed him with all my might. He laughed and kissed me back.

I pulled back. His grey eyes were shining.

"I love you baby." Sebastian whispered.

"I love you more Collins." I hugged him tightly as he picked me up in his arms. I laughed down at him.

At that moment all the lights turned on and loud whoops and cheers started coming up.

I looked around in shock at the crowd gathered in the living room of our penthouse.

It was our friends and families.

And they all had matching grins on their faces.

___________

(Screams and cries all together)

Aaaaahhhhhhhh!

Can you hear me screaming?

What do you feel ? Are you as excited as me?

I teared up while writing this.

Last chapter to go. So bittersweet :(

Btw did you like his proposal speech?

Vote and comment babies