Chapter 13

We finished our food and wine slowly taking our time. After finishing we packed it all up.

After Sebastian kept the basket back in the car I took his hand and dragged him to a nearby ice cream shop.

"Now for the best part." I smiled at him and he chuckled loudly.

"You and your ice creams." He shook his head with amusement clear on his face.

I got the chocolate cone and got the coffee one for him. He started to pay but I caught his hand.

"I want to spoil you sometimes too Collins." I winked and Sebastian's eyes lit up at my words.

I gave him his cone and got mine and we walked silently to the edge of the lake.

We found a bench nearby and sat on it.

I was looking at the lake when I felt Sebastian's eyes on me. I looked at him and smiled.

He smiled back, it was a genuine one that brought butterflies to my stomach.

I raised my cone. "To old memories."

He raised his cone in the air too. "And to many new ones to come."

My heart beat quickened at his words.

New memories with him.

That was the part I was very excited about.

Sebastian shifted closer to me on the bench. I noticed that and leaned my head against his shoulder.

We didn't say a word after that. We silently looked at the lake together eating away on our ice creams. It was soo peaceful there with nothing but our silent presence with each other. A light breeze blew around making the weather perfect.

Eventually I felt Sebastian tilt his head over mine lightly.

We sat there for a long time. Not talking at all. But our little touches and contact said it all.

I smiled at the feeling.

___________

It was almost midnight. We got up finally from the bench. We didn't talk as we walked up to the car.

He asked to drive and I agreed quickly. I was a little sleepy.

I got into the passengers seat and got comfortable.

Sebastian turned on the car and started driving. I looked at him as he did.

My eyes went from his smooth and soft dark brown hair to his grey eyes which were focused on the road. Then my eyes turned to his nose and beautiful lips. They were perfectly curved and pink. And I shuddered lightly as I remembered the feeling of them when he used to kiss me. Lastly I moved my eyes to his jaw which was covered lightly with his stubble.

The stubble was new for me but I liked it.

Sebastian turned his head to me when he felt like I was looking at him. He didn't smile when he caught me staring.

My breathing stopped at his expression and the intensity in his eyes.

He turned his eyes back to the road.

But I knew it and he knew it too.

Something had changed between us.

Maybe it was him.

Maybe it was me.

But it was clear that whatever it was, we both looked forward to it with desperate hearts.

_____________

We pulled up at my house half an hour later.

I quickly got out of the car and got the basket.

I couldn't exactly meet his eyes.

There was a different kind of energy between us tonight. I felt it, maybe he did too.

But whatever it was, it brought up butterflies in my stomach.

I remembered the intensity in his eyes and that made my legs feel weak.

I took a huge breath in to calm myself down.

I took the basket inside to the kitchen. I emptied it's contents and started washing the dishes.

"I'll help." Sebastian's voice came up behind me.

I felt him lean in to get the soap from across me. His chest brushed my back and I felt his breath on my neck and shoulder. He was soo close. We were touching completely.

Goosebumps errupted all over my arms and I felt his chest move as he took in a huge breath. 

One of his hands brushed my hair softly and I moved my face slowly towards my left to see him.

I raised my eyes to his. His eyes were dark and stormy. He held my gaze as his hand slowly moved to push my hair away from my face and behind my ear. He was leaning in slowly. Or was it me?

My heartbeat was erratic.

My stomach felt like it was had swarm of butterflies in it.

I could hear the blood rushing through my ears.

So close.

Our lips were just inches away when my phone rang in my pocket.

We both jumped, scared.

Sebastian cleared his throat and moved away from me. I turned so that my back was to him. My face felt like it was on fire.

I took out my phone from my pocket. It was a video call of our girl's group chat, Steph, me ,Chloe and Aash.

I answered the call and they all smiled.

"Hi." I greeted them. My voice was breathless and hoarse.

"Why do you look like you just ran a marathon?" Aash asked.

"Pfft. She doesn't run Aash." Steph knew me.

"Uh huh. This isn't the marathon girls." Chloe smirked slightly. "Adi can you show me around please. I want to check the background."

I blushed. "Shut up." I started to move away from the kitchen. This was too embarrassing for Sebastian to hear.

"I'll do the rest of the dishes." Sebastian said from behind me. We couldn't meet each other's eyes.

I nodded looking at the phone where the girls quickly realised and had smirks plastered on their faces.

I quickly ran up the stairs and in my bedroom.

My heart was still very unstable.

"I was right! You guys are definitely screwing aren't you?" Chloe asked happily.

"Chloe!" I hid my face into my pillow.

"What is going on between you two?" Aash asked.

"I want to know!" Steph said and then I told them everything.

___________

Best friends know everything haha.

Who's your favourite friend among the three? Chloe, Steph or Aash?

Lets play Rock paper scissor.

Rock

Paper

Scissor

(Pulls out scissor)

What did you do? Did you win or did I? Don't cheat :-P