30 - A Birthday Surprise

A/N: If you want a quick recap of things, there is a summary on the end of chapter 28 for those who may need it. This however won't include anything that happened within chapter 29 since the summary was written before then. 

Also... Hi! I hope you're all doing great and I hope you enjoy this chapter :)

"Is it selfish if we choose to stay like this forever?" You asked, your fingers tangled together with Jungkooks as the light from your window danced between your fingertips.

A low hum rang out as if he was thinking over your statement before his free hand began to brush through your hair, "I want to say no, but everyone will be waiting for you." He reasoned, causing you to groan at his answer.

You sat up with a pout playing on your lips, your obvious dissatisfaction of his reply evident on your features, "Fine," you huffed before a scary thought presented itself in your mind, "What do you think Kate's here to talk about?" A dark look passed your face.

Frowning, Jungkook couldn't fight the shrug pulling at his bare shoulder blades, "I'm not sure, knowing Kate she probably just wants to steal your birthday thunder."

Thinking about it for a moment, you eventually nodded your head, "You're probably right."

Pulling your silk dressing gown up to your neck for warmth, you made a leap to escape Jungkook's arms and to reach to your wardrobe.

"What should we eat for breakfast?" You asked, mouth watering at the thought of food.

Jungkook eyed you from across the room, a playful smirk hinting at his lips, "I don't know," he shrugged, "I have a few ideas."

You shot him a look before rolling your eyes, "I thought you just said we couldn't stay in bed anymore."

He bit his lip, "I'm sure a few more minutes wouldn't hurt... plus, now that you mention it... I am hungry." His eyes darkened.

You couldn't help the laugh begging to expose itself from your lips, "Come on, we have to get ready." You threw a pillow at him, "You were right, we can't leave them waiting anymore."

At the mention of meeting Kate again, immediately you were relieved you hadn't eaten yet, otherwise it would be all over your bedroom floor right now. You only hoped that the bad feeling in your gut wasn't justified in the slightest.

* * *

Walking across the foyer, you immediately felt the tugging hands of Rin as she linked her arms with yours and slyly pulled you away from Jungkook.

"So, how was your morning?" She raised her brow, a suggestive hint to her question.

You worriedly nudged her before consciously looking back, only to breath a sigh of relief when you noticed how far away Jungkook was.

"It was... Wonderful." You whispered back, a warm smile now replacing your worried frown.

She clapped both her hands excitedly, "Now that you're both on the same page, what does this mean for Jimin and Kates wedding?" She asked.

You paused for a moment before sulking, "I want to do the right thing." You stated, eyes glazing over your hand as memories of this morning played in your head, "I'm not sure Jungkook will agree with what I plan to do though."

This time it was Rin's turn to frown, "What are you planning?"

You opened your mouth to speak, but before you could a familiar voice sang out your name.