24 - Distant

A/N: Hey yall I hate doing this right at the start but before you start reading this chapter, I just wanted to say sorry for making you wait so long, as I explained to some already I've been focusing on college plus sometimes it takes me awhile to...

A/N: Hey yall I hate doing this right at the start but before you start reading this chapter, I just wanted to say sorry for making you wait so long, as I explained to some already I've been focusing on college plus sometimes it takes me awhile to think what to write next without it becoming messy. This chapter isn't exactly the most exciting which is probably why it's been so hard to write but I need to write these moments or the story won't progress the way I want and everything will happen too fast lmao. Bearing that in mind sorry for any mistakes, I really appreciate your patience with me as I know how it feels to really enjoy a book and get slow updates so thank you 💜

It had been several weeks since you had last seen Jungkook.

Luckily, he didn't bother you within the time you had taken to compose yourself. It wasn't that unusual since you really didn't have much else to do, it appeared your plan of getting Kate back together with him worked a little too well.

Still, you hadn't made any promises to each other.

He was a client and yes, sometimes you considered him as a friend but he was a client nonetheless.

Jungkook had done nothing wrong other than falling for someone that wasn't you.

I guess that's the bit that sucked the most, since you actually let yourself believe you could trust your personal thoughts and fears with him.

This was your fault.

Walking around the rough terrain through the narrowed alleyways as you thought back on a new client you had just met, you hesitated when you noticed the familiar figure of a man hung over the tops of a nearby bar, a sullen expression filling out his features as he inhaled deeply.

"Jimin?" You gasped as you changed your course of direction and headed straight for the parlour doors.

Jimin squinted through his blurred vision as he recognised your slender form making its way over to him.

You quickly knocked the rest of his whiskey from his hand before sitting next to him, "Are you okay?" You asked tenderly, studying his drunken body as he rocked back and forth.

He chuckled bitterly before rubbing his head in pain, "Me? I'm fantastic, can't you tell?" He joked, gesturing to his broken state.

You immediately feared the worst.

"Did something happen? Is it Kate?" You worried, feeling sick rise up your throat as you awaited his response.

He shook his head, "It's actually about your father, although Kate has been distant lately."

You frowned, "My father?"

"Yes," He sighed, "Lately it's been very stressful at the office, I've been working a lot which is why Kate has probably been so distant but this morning your father said he had some important news he wanted to tell me later this week."