13 - For Better Or Worse

"Okay boys," you yelled, stopping any conversations from arising, "I know you all don't want to be here, but we have a lot to discuss."

Groans could be heard left, right and centre as you paced, "First of all, suits!" You clapped, "We don't want you to look stupid while standing next to the groom do we?"

No one answered.

You sighed and held your head, "Fine, we don't want attractive guests to pay no attention to you, do we?"

Everyone's eyes lit up.

"That's why I'm here," you smiled smugly, proud you got most of their attentions now, "Trust me, I know what a woman and a man wants."

Your eyes roamed over to Jungkook who was standing with his arms crossed and not to mention, shaking his head at you in amusement.

"Now, you'll all find your suits over in the closet over there." You ordered, watching as they all reluctantly left - well all except for one.

You smirked, "That includes you Jungkook."

He nodded slightly, "I know, I was just admiring how well you can control people. It's kind of funny to watch now that I know everything."

You rolled your eyes before nudging him to move, "If only you knew how easy it was."

He winked at you, "I hope to find out."

You stood mindlessly as he strolled over to the changing rooms, his linear back the thing your eyes remained focused on as he soon disappeared from your view.

What was that supposed to mean?

*  *

The sun had just started to set on the city, causing a warm glow of light to rest on the florist shop as you passed by the range of Lilly's and Daisies with a hint of a smile tugging at your lips.

For some reason you didn't feel entirely down in the dumps like you usually did when heading home.

Maybe it was the strong scent of pollen that had you so at ease or the lingering sense of hope buried deep inside of you as you repeated Jungkook's words in your head? Either way, both options averted your attention away from the footsteps of someone behind you.

"Y/N?"

The voice made you jump, causing you to almost snap the precious flower currently within your grasp.

Your face immediately darkened.

"Are you following me Mark?" You asked distastefully, eyeing up the nervous stud.

"No... Well kinda." He scratched his head, "I saw you leave that shop with the fancy clothing and I got curious. I didn't mean to be creepy I just wanted to talk to you."

You scoffed, "Well mission failed, you are creepy. That shop was nearly two blocks away, are you saying you were following me the entire time?"

He paused before nodding shyly, "Sorry?"

You rolled your eyes and continued searching for flowers.

"I never got to finish what I was saying to you at your parents." He digressed, stalking you around the shop like a little puppy, "I was hoping we could go out for a coffee or something and talk."

You raised your brow at him, "I don't like to drink coffee at night."

He laughed, "Hot Chocolate then?"

You turned away and sighed, "For the millionth time, I don't date clients."

A silence imprisoned him as he watched you hopelessly, "Look Y/N, you've changed me. I don't know how you did it but for some reason I can't stop thinking about you. It kills me everyday knowing you just think of me as some task you completed. Please just give me a chance to prove I'm worth your time. I want to get to know you, not as this pretend person you were hired as but as the real you."

You froze.

No one has ever wanted to know the real you.

Hesitantly, you swirled to face him, "I really want to. You seem sweet and you are cute but I've been cheated on before. Mark, you can't help but cheat. You're even doing it right now. I'm not ready to put myself through that risk again. I'm sorry." You whispered, walking away from him.

He called out to you one last time before you exited the shop, "Friends then? Y/N please?" He pleaded.

You thought about it before grinding out your answer, "Fine. Friends."

He nodded in appreciation, "I'll see you around then?"

"Sure." You replied.

As you strolled away further from the shop, you couldn't help but feel as though you had made a huge mistake.

You weren't sure what was happening to you, first Jungkook and now Mark? The rules you had made for this job were to protect yourself and yet you kept breaking them.

Anxiously, you repeatedly glanced behind you as you continued to walk home.

For some reason you were changing - but for the better or worse?

You weren't quite sure yet.

A/N: Apparently Wattpad won't let me hashtag this part anymore so that sucks.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter... sorry it was short and a tad boring compared to the previous chapters.

Sorry for any mistakes you see as well, I'm not with it today lmao 🙄

ALSO I JUST WANNA SAY THANK YOU FOR 2k!

You all mean so much to me, thank you so so so much for all the support you have shown for TWD so far

You all mean so much to me, thank you so so so much for all the support you have shown for TWD so far. I never thought it would get this much recognition and love.

I really appreciate it 💜