25 - Guilty Act: 2

~ Recap of last chapter ~
It had been several weeks since you had last seen Jungkook.
*      *
You shrugged him off before yanking him from his stool, only to rest half of his weight on your body as you draped his arm over your shoulder, "Come on, I can't leave you here like this. You need to go home."

Jimin quickly dug his heals into the ground, "Noooooo! I can't let Kate see me like this."

"Fine." You gritted before pulling out your phone and searching your contacts.
* *
Shaking your head at your silly thinking, you agreed, "Yes, I hope you don't think I'm rude? Also sorry for just dropping this on you but I think he needs a friend right now, not me."

Jhope giggled as he patted your back affectionately, "It's no problem, I'm sure Jimin is very grateful for what you've done to help him."
~ End of Recap ~

Have you ever caught yourself doing absolutely nothing?

For example, one minute you were walking from one room to the next and then 'poof' you forget any tasks you had to do and you just zone out... and lose yourself.

Well that's exactly what happened; only that was two days ago and you were still sat staring at absolutely nothing and wondering why exactly you were doing it.

In doing so you came to the simple conclusion that you were in fact slowly losing yourself.

Everything that made you. Your past. Your heartbreaks.

Everything that made you lose that one pesky human emotion you always dreaded feeling as a child.

Guilt.

However, today it came back and it was worser than ever.

It haunted every inch of you, from your fake hair to your full supply of makeup you had left untouched for several days now.

You were completely alone.

And it appeared it was always going to stay that way no matter how hard you tried.

Until...

Well... Until your phone rang.

* *

Pulling down your red velvet dress that hugged your waistline just a little too tightly than when you had originally first bought it, you nervously searched the crowd of people before spotting the particular individual in the nearby distance.

You met halfway between the onlookers of restaurant eaters before pulling each other into a long overdo hug.

"How are you sweetie?" Your fathers soothing voice tickled your ear as you warmed into his arms.

For a moment your worries melted away and you felt like a child again... protected.

"You look a little pale, have you been eating?" He asked, pulling away and trapping you with both of his hands on either sides of your elbows so you would have no other choice but to look him dead in the eyes.

Immediately, you felt smaller under his intense gaze and your heart started to pick up its pace again.

You nodded, hoping your good acting would suffice for now, "Yes, I've just been working a lot that's all."