𝟎𝟕

𝘽𝙧𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙚 𝙉𝙖𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙚 𝘼𝙡𝙞
𝙻𝙾𝚂 𝙰𝙽𝙶𝙴𝙻𝙴𝚂, 𝙲𝙰

"Communication is important in a relationship. A relationship is doomed if there is no communication. How will the other know how you feel about something if you don't speak up because you're afraid if you say the wrong thing your partner will leave? Because if that's the case, maybe it's for the best. Maybe you and your partner simply weren't made to be together." The therapist, Ms. Chais said.

"Mr. Clark gave me a brief rundown of your relationship before coming in today and also let me know of some things his mother said about your relationship," Once she said that, I raised my eyebrow in confusion. "She said you both have abandonment issues."

"I don't have abandonment issues. I was never abandoned." I shrugged my shoulders.

"You don't have to physically be abandoned to emotionally be abandoned. Growing up, were your parents around often?"

"No but they had very busy lives. My dad tried to make time but at one point he just didn't have enough time." I said and from the corner of my eye I could see Syian shaking his head.

"Their jobs isn't an excuse to not spend any time with their child. Their lives were busy before you were born, no?"

"I don't know. I wasn't born."

The room got silent and she was staring at me like she just knew I was lying before she pulled a piece of paper out of a folder, making me furrow my eyebrows.

"Shawn Hussein Ali, born November 22nd, 1975 is a former American football quarterback for the Los Angeles 49ers is considered to be one of the best football players in the league, playing for 20 seasons. He won his first championship at the age of 22 in 1997, one year before welcoming a daughter, Brionne Nadine Ali with his ex-wife Lorelei-"

"What is this supposed to be? Because it sounds like a Google description." I made a face.

"You said you were unsure if your parents had a busy life before having you because you weren't born. They did have a busy life, however they still kept you and committed themselves to the roles of being parents when they did not have to. So, they didn't have a reason to suddenly neglect you when they weren't doing it before."

"It's not neglect." I was trying so hard not to say it how it is, because I knew for a fact that I was going to cry.

"Brionne, we can't make any progress without you speaking. You need to speak up, talk to me. I won't judge you, whatever you say in this room stays in this room. No blogs will find out, you won't be blackmailed, it stays here."

"You need to talk to her, B." Syian spoke lowly. "If you want me to step out so you can talk to her-"

"I was like fourteen-ish? Maybe." I started, cutting Syian off. "My mother and I never had a good relationship so her being a bitch and neglectful was never a new thing, but my dad? For a long time he was my best friend, sure I had actual friends but I would rather stay home with my dad than go out with friends. That's how close we were."

"I remember it was a few months after I turned 14 and he was about to go to some event. He didn't even have to ask me because whenever he went to events, I would just get dressed and we'd go together."

"What do you mean he didn't have to ask?" She asked, fixing her glasses.

bitch he didn't have to ask that's what i mean.

"He just simply wouldn't have to ask. If I knew he was going somewhere I'd be dressed and downstairs by the time he was ready and we'd leave. He didn't have to ask because he knew I'd go anyway, just to spend some time. But this particular day, I got dressed and waited on the couch as usual but he walked straight past me and left out. I thought he was running an errand and coming back so I sat on the couch for hours thinking he'd come back and he didn't come back until two days later. Not a phone call or anything."