𝟏𝟑

𝘽𝙧𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙚 𝙉𝙖𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙚 𝘾𝙡𝙖𝙧𝙠
𝙻𝙾𝚂 𝙰𝙽𝙶𝙴𝙻𝙴𝚂, 𝙲𝙰

"Come on so we can take some pictures for your daddy." I stepped back as Solana rolled around in the sand. "Solana!"

"Newborns be the worst." Xiomara said, reaching to pick her up. "Hm, just hold her. I'll take your picture."

"I'm fine, I don't want to be in the picture." I shrugged and she sighed loudly.

"Brionne."

"Xiomara."

"Let's have a chat." She gave Kodi his bucket as I picked Solana up. We walked over to our seats and sat down, keeping our eyes on Kodi.

"Chat about what?"

"I thought you guys fixed it?"

"We kind of did, I don't know. We both apologized but still it feels so odd. We haven't really had a long conversation either, which is crazy because we both can talk for days. I feel like I'm losing him."

"You're definitely not."

"Are you sure? Because Haven and Safiya were married for five years and before she knew Haven was cheating, she said she felt like she wasn't there. It feels like Syian isn't there."

"You're one hundred percent sure that's what it feels like?" She asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"I don't know." I huffed. Since I got pregnant with Solana, I'd been extremely sensitive which I couldn't stand. What the hell happened to the old Bri and where can I find her?

"Girl, here come the waterworks."

"Is it me?" I looked over at her, bottom lip quivering. "Did I do something?"

"You didn't do anything. You need to cheer up, okay? Your birthday is in a week, you don't need to be sad about anything."

"Fuck my birthday, if I don't have a happy husband I won't have a happy birthday." I repositioned myself, kicking my legs up on the beach chair all the way, holding Solana up while she stared at me.

looking just like her dumb ass daddy, i can't breathe.

"I'm sure he's still there, maybe you two just still haven't had enough time to talk to each other. Sure, you both apologized but that doesn't mean the problem is over." She shrugged as her stomach growled.

"Damn bitch, what did you eat for dinner?"

"Some kids." She stood up, stretching her arms as my mouth dropped in shock. "I'm about to go get some food from those little shacks, you want anything?"

"No, I'm fine."

"Okay, come on Kodi. Let's get some food." She walked towards him and he opened his arms as she picked him up and walked off.

"You wanna call your daddy?" I asked Solana who was biting down on toe. I can't even really say biting since she had zero damn teeth.

I reached over and grabbed my phone, rolling my eyes at the two messages that were on my screen. They were both unnecessary as hell and not things I wanted to see, I knew they'd both ruin my day.