Chapter Seven:We Are Legion;For We Are Many

WARNING:Some scenes may contain upsetting content.

All the graves of the ones remembered in a desert we call home
All the slaves of the cold December find a voice to call their own
Stand up we are united in the eyes of the greatest storm
Line up we are ignited, this world will be reborn in...
Five, Four, Three, Two, One
This is New Year's Day -so rise from the ashes
Faith will find a way -like lightning crashes
We'll keep marching on & on & on...

The Prophet

    I couldn't believe how blind I was. Because of my thoughtless actions, we're here, in this remote desert & fighting for our lives in a war that we possibly couldn't win. I gazed upon the army of many before us. It would be a miracle if any of us survived. But even God wasn't on our side. Do what is right, Andy. The lives of everyone you love is at stake. End this before blood is shed.

"Wait!" I screamed & raced toward the Legion.

"Andy! WAIT!" I ignored Jinxx's plea & stood before Lucifer.

    "Please," I begged while getting to my knees, "have mercy. It's me you want; not my army. Just take me! There's no need to fight!!!" Lucifer didn't speak & I can't believe I didn't see why.  A sting entered my body & I couldn't breath, my chest felt as though it couldn't operate. On the outside I was cold, & on the inside I was burning to the core. As it sank deeper the sharp pain roamed my heart. I began regurgitating blood; the crimson liquid poured from my pale lips onto the cracked, desert ground. It bled through the cracks & into the soil. I looked down & caught glimpse of blade sticking out where my heart would've been.

    I fell backwards, hard on the dry land. I could hear many screams but the one I held on to was Lydia's. In a matter of seconds she was by my side.

"Andy! Please stay with me." She cried, her tears falling on my face. I placed my cold hand against her burning cheek. I could feel myself slipping but I managed to gasp my last words.

"L-Lydia, I love you. I'm sorry for the pain I've caused you. I'll always be with you...always. P-Please, don't ever forget about me." My hand dropped to my side & my eyes closed. I was forever slipping away into unconsciousness.

Lydia 

As I watched Andy die in my arms, I couldn't stop crying. I gently kissed his forehead, keeping my lips there for a moment.

"Goodnight, Dark Angel." I whispered before being ripped away by a powerful pair of arms.

"NOOO!" I screamed as Lucifer lifted Andy's lifeless body by his throat.

"How could you betray me?! You promised nothing would happen!!!!" I protested & fought with all my might, but it wasn't enough.

     "SILENCE CHILD!" He growled, tightening his grip, "OR IT WILL BE YOU WHO DIES NEXT!" I fell to my knees & wept as hard as I could. In the distance, The Mystic raced toward his fellow Angel but was stopped a wall of Hell fire surrounding Lucifer & his army of damned souls. I watched in horror as he pulled the blade painfully from Andy's chest, allowing blood to spill everywhere. As if that wasn't horrific enough, he reached inside & ripped out his heart, which still barely held a beat. I looked away in disgust.

    It was after a few seconds that I heard a sickening 'crack!'. I then knew he snapped his neck; to make sure The Prophet never came back. He let Andy's corpse fall to the ground with an hard collision & turned to his Army.

"Now, my children, lets show this world what Hell really is." The fire disappeared & the Legion raced toward the Outcasts. It came such as a sudden shock, they were unsure at first how to respond. With a few glances to one another, the Army of rebels gripped their weapons & waited until they were close enough to attack. I stayed behind & crawled over to Andy. Though he was surrounded by a large puddle of blood, I still laid next to him. With our fingers entertwined, somehow I knew everything was going to be alright.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    The aftermath was an grusome sight. Bloody bodies of both Outcasts & demons laid strewed across the land;yet, I was still by Andy's side. Only an handful of Outcasts were left but in the end, it was they who prevailed. Lucifer stood before me & lifted my Angel, trapping him in his claw.

    "You & I have business to attend." He smirked evily, hinting that it wasn't something good. It wasn't long until we were back in the deepest depths of Hell. Andy's helpless body was still under my Majesty's control. I never took my eyes off of him.

"Are you willing to sarcifice yourself for the one you love?" He asked, lowering the body to me. Hot tears streamed down my face & I couldn't seem to stop them.

    "I'll do whatever it takes to bring him back." Then, before I knew it, it began to rip away, the warm blood oozed down my arms & torso. Lucifer pulled a little harder, feeling the regular beat begin to falter. It was still beating as it tore, harder & harder, desperately, clinging to life. The blood was really pouring out now, running over his claw to drip onto the floor. It was cooling slightly now; the blood; as the heart gave one last beat & finally gave up, now ripped almost completely out, snagging on the jagged edges of broken ribs.

    The blood flow was faltering, my body was almost drained. & then, with a final pull, the bloody mess that had been a living heart slipped out into his hands, separated at last from my body.
It had stopped beating; blood no longer ran through it, but dripped off of it, in a steady beat against the floor. His hands were covered on a gruesome mask of half dried blood; red & rusty. & still more blood ran onto them, from my body he still held onto. That was the end of me.

     "I never gave in & never backed down! I did everything you said!" I cried, tears swelling my eyes. He stood there motionless, with his eyes, a blue ocean of sadness, meeting mine. The pale moonlight rained down upon his wings, casting a brilliant glow. His wings, burned & veiled with ashes, looked beautiful. Though they held battle scars, they were worn as badges of honor.

    He stepped closer, closing the gap between us.

    "Lydia, you're much stronger than this. He whispered. "I must leave; They need me." His thumb kissed my cheek, wiping away the remaining tears I had left to shed.

"Andy, don't leave. Please, I beg you, don't go." He chuckled & brushed his lips against my forehead.

    "Always look for the morning star. That way, I'll still be with you."  He unfurled his wings & took off into the night. A moment later, he looked like just another star in the black sky. My protector, my Savior, was gone. I stood at my bedroom window, hoping he would come back safe to me. At that moment, my heart felt as if it was being ripped out.