Chapter One:Struck to the Earth Like Lightning

Note:Everything that is in Italics (Except for the lyrics) Is Andy's POV. I'm really proud of this :)

Struck to the earth like lightning, on this world we're torn.
We won't cause the pain, of living out their law.
Take joy in who you are, we know our wings are flawed.

    It was the middle of the night & there was a full moon.  I could see it perfectly from my bedroom window. It was a pine forest-spooky yet comforting. It was quiet & peaceful.  Then I could see it-the first star. Shining brightly in all its glory, it was magnificent. But it disappeared as fast it had come. I only caught a glimpse of it. Then, sky began to light up as though a huge bolt of heat lightning flashed across the heavens. A small sparkling light began to zoom its way to Earth.

    The ball of light carried with it a illuminated green tail that stretched far beyond its core. It fell silently amongst the forest trees. Curious, I jumped down from my window, landing safely on my hands & feet like a cat.

------

    It was as if each star in the sky flicked off one by one. The darkness was growing & threatening to consume my entire being. A pale hand reached out to mine, but only our fingers touched. I caught a brief glimpse at the face of my attempted Saviour. It was The Mystic, leader & protector of us Outcasts. But now, even he couldn't save me. As much as I tried, I could barely move against the current that was slowly pulling me under; waiting to drown me in my own shame. I was forever damned from Heaven & Hell, forever marked as an Undesirable. Bursts of light that I had come to known shot at me with an burning intensity that could only be found in the deepest, most vile bowels of Hell.  My fall wouldn't result in the glorious missions I'd come to know; it would most likely end me. I could already feel myself slipping, further & further beneath the winds, rain, & fire as they joined to continue their torture.This was it, this was what happened to angels that were seen as evil by others. This was the end of me, The Prophet. 

------

    The trees seemed dressed in shadows, towering over me like dark giants.The wind wailed between distorted trunks, carrying the sickly stink of wood rot. I moved faster, ignoring the briars that caught at my jeans, the damp leaves that grimed my skin. The trees stood utterly still, like statues in a living museum where no leaf dared to fall.  I finally came into the clearing, the trees were flattened into a giant crater. The thick smoke was slowly wasting away. In the heart of the glowing crater was a slim, dark figure, laying motionless, arms & legs spread like an X. I approached it slowly, the undergrowth crunched menacingly with each step. I knelt down beside him, fixated on his appearance.

    He wore black leather covered in studs & spikes. He had no shirt, only a studded vest.  His arms, chest, & neck were covered in a black substance, resembling to army paint. I brushed the black veil of hair away from his pale face. I gasped in shock. On his face, were thick black markings. His eyes were framed by two large marks that reached across his skin like giant eyelashes. Triangular points reached around his cheeks & stopped just below his eyes, & from the right a single long streak ran down like a dark tear. Then on the left were stitches, that ran from the corner of his mouth to the center of his cheek.

    My fingers brushed against his skin, which was extremely warm, like a fire burning in the middle of winter. As if it was a shock of electricity, his ice blue eyes flashed widely open. I staggered back in shock, only to hit the back of my head on a large rock bulging out the side. His eyes were fixated on me as he lifted himself up with his arms. There was some sort of feeling in me that I didn't quite like, a lightheaded feeling that made me want to just go to sleep right there & then. The man's figure was getting blurrier & blurrier, but I could easily make out him leaning closer to me. Everything was getting darker & darker, & then I blacked out.

------

    It was like Dr. Frankenstein's monster was brought back to life with just a single touch. My eyes opened quickly. A figure stumbled back at my wake. I stared at it just as I was lifting myself up. My whole body ached & it felt as if my back was inflamed. Blood ran down my sides from the lacerations on my shoulder blades, my wings were broken.  I could finally see more of the figure, & she was beautiful. I leaned closer. Her eyes were becoming weary & closing very slowly. She was asleep.

    I unfurled my wings, the pain was too much & I let out a roar of agony. (Imagine him screaming just like the beginning of Perfect Weapon) I look back to examine the damage that had been done.  A massive amount of feathers were missing, revealing the bone all the way to the sharp tip. Some feathers were frayed & burned, some were loose & they began to fall to the ground, slowly forming a small pile of ashes. Taking off was nearly impossible. I rose a few feet before my wings gave out, sending me to the ground with a hard collision. I layed there on the cold damp Earth, wishing- no, praying that this was all a dream.

------