Chapter Five:Strange World

For a fan who came up with this marvelous idea <3

 This is the place, where everything begins & ends again

No secrets left to find, no seven deadly sins

This world that we have wasted, has kept us very well

When science now is sacred, who will save us from ourselves?

---------

The Mystic

    By the time we reached The Prophet's landing, the large crater was covered with white fine ash. It was like snow in reverse, dry not wet, hot not cold, signifying death not life. I strongly knew, they were nothing more but the frayed remains of his feathers. The forest was unearthly still. No birds whistled from the snow veiled trees, not even wolves were out stalking their prey underneath the full orange moon. Still, it was beautiful.

    "He's been here." I announced. A white cloud escaped my jet black lips as I spoke. The others gathered around the crater as if it was the second coming of Jesus Christ.

"Where's he gone, Jinxx?"  A quiet, yet familiar,voice asked in my head. It was The Mourner's. I answered back with a bow of my head.

"I'm not sure....but he cant be far." I thought.

"I have the strangest feeling that he's in the presence of a human." he whispered, fearing the others would hear our telepathic communication. I too feared they would catch on, but they never did.

"Don't be ridiculous, Jake. He knows what would happen if he stayed with a human too long..." Oh, how I prayed The Prophet remembered the consequences of being near a mortal for a long period of time.

    First, our scars would vanish, making us appear to be human. This simple change would make us extremely noticeable to The Executors. Second, though painfully, our wings would be ripped out by the bone by an unknown force. Finally, we would die & come back as an human 200 years later. Our memory of our former life would be erased & would be as if we never existed in Heaven or Hell. Worry formed as a pit consuming my stomach. I feared we were too late.  Oh God, please let him be alright.

The Prophet

    As I marveled at my new appearance, I noticed from the corner of my eye that Lydia had awaken. I chuckled quietly to myself as she streatched her body & then rubbed her eyes like a small child.

"Morning Love," I whispered into her ear & kissed her still rosy cheek softly. Her cheeks bloomed more with the lovely color & it left me speechless. As cheesy as it may have sounded, I thought Lydia was the most divine creature in Heaven & on Earth. There was something about her that made me feel....alive.  She didn't see me as a demon, or an angel, she saw me as one of her kind.

    "Oh!" I look over & see she's staring out the window, staring at the snow. A small smile formed on my pale lips, completely forgetting about my severe hunger. She looked over at me, she green emeralds blazing with excitement.

    "Would you like to go out?" She nodded & quickly got dressed. I laughed at the sudden pepp in her step. Within minutes, she was ready & running out the door. I inhaled deeply & extracted my wings. Ignoring the pain, I went out the window & met her below. I was greeted by a face full of snow. She struck me with a snowball.

"Clever human..." I mumbled playfully & returned one right back. She stealth-fully dodged it & took refuge behind a weeping willow. As I searched, I failed to notice the four figures in the distance.

The Mystic

    After hours & hours of traveling, we came across the clearing of an quaint house. There in the backyard, was a girl with hair of fire & The Prophet. The fiery pits of Hell & anger filled at the pit of my stomach, egniting the flames through my eyes.

"Jinxx..." The Deviant whispered placing his hand on my shoulder. I tore away & ran right into The Prophet, pinning him to the closest tree.

"DO YOU REALIZE WHAT YOU'VE DONE?!" I screamed, tightening my grip on his neck. He gasped for sweet air & clawed my hand in defense.

"Not only have you fallen for a pathetic mortal, but you've also created a fucking hot trail for The Executors!" A force ripped me away from Andy & held me back.

"Jinxx! That's enough!"  The Mourner yelled, running to Andy to assist him. I fought with his force & tired to break free.

"Are you happy, Andy?! Huh? Because of you, the whole Army will suffer!!!!!!" He come up to me in a flash, eyes blazing with the same fiery fury.

"I'm not the one who left the whole Army to suffer! It was you! You're the one who left by choice! & if you ever bring Lydia into this again I will kill you myself." He growled like a beast from Hell possessed by Lucifer himself. But I wasn't afraid. Nothing frightened me. I brought my face closer to his.

"I hope you burn in Hell, Andy." Before either one of us could react, a scream shot out through the air. All five of us turned our heads to see Andy's mortal be taken away by an Executor. The Prophet screamed out & started to go after it. I gripped his shoulder.

"Andy, it's too late...She'e gone." The tears welled up in his blue orbs as he fell hard to his knees.

"No! She can't be!" He cried & released his battle cry. I too felt the tears threaten my own being. I slowly kneeled beside him & pulled him into a comforting hug.

"It's alright, Andy. We'll get her back, I promise." But I knew it was a promise I couldn't keep.