Welcome To Kyokusei

The Yukihira twins have finally finished their entrance exams to stay at the Polar Star dormitory, and now that they were there, their journey to becoming even greater chefs could begin.

Hikari had just gotten out of the bath, her wet hair dripping onto her gray t-shirt as she sat down in her dorm room. After drying her hair, she pulled it into a low ponytail and let it fall over her left shoulder.

"That was a nice bath." She whispered to herself. She reached into her bath bag and pulled out her hearing aids. Her dad didn't tell her if they were water proof or not, so as to not take any chances of them getting ruined, she took on the pain of her sensitive hearing and took them out for the twenty minutes she was in the bath.

Hikari settled in her hearing aids and turned up the power to where she was hearing at a normal human level. She took the paste for her nose and wiped a little bit on underneath her nose. She sighed in relief, feeling much better as she took a headache pill.

"That's much better." She said, then flopped onto her bed.

The wooden ceiling and the small room all of her own, it was a new step from her shared bedroom she had with Soma. It was almost intimidating. And cold.

"I didn't think being in a room of my own would be this way..." She said aloud.

"Ah, don't worry, you'll get used to it." A voice said from the ceiling. Hikari shouted in surprise before she looked up to where the voice was coming from and saw a strange boy in her ceiling. He looked a little older than her and a soft orange colored hair. He was smiling at her so calmly without any kind of sense that staring down at a girl in her room was nothing out of the ordinary.

"Who the heck are you and what are you doing in the ceiling?!" Hikari shouted, "Don't you know it's rude to be spying on a girl in her room, you should be ashamed of yourself!"

The boy laughed, "Sorry, sorry, I'll try to be more careful. But I wanted to bring you to the welcome party. Your brother is already there." 

The strange boy jumped down from the ceiling and led Hikari to room 205, where the party had already begun. Hikari saw her brother sitting next to a girl with blue hair tied into two braided pigtails, and looked like she was a little confused by everything happening in the room. 

There was a girl that looked so sweet that probably just by talking to her you would get a mouthful of cavities. And another girl with very large.... assets... and long plum colored hair.

Then finally there were the boys. One boy had on glasses and hair short cut black hair, he was screaming at two other boys that were butting heads and messing up the room. And finally, there was a boy with shaggy hair that covered his eyes.

"Hey, Hikari, you made it." Soma said from the floor. Hikari smiled and took a spot next to her brother.

"Nice to make it, Soma." She replied happily.

"Hey, do you want something to drink?" The plum haired girl asked, holding a bottle with a hand written label on it and a small plastic cup.

"Yeah, sure sounds great." Hikari said, taking the plastic cup and letting the girl pour the drink. Immediately Hikari could smell something strange from this drink. The liquid was cloudy and she could smell rice from the drink, but with a small hint of cinnamon.

"I see, this is a strange drink." Hikari said, "You made a non-alcoholic Nigori with just a single teaspoon of cinnamon, is that right?"

The girl's eyes widened before she smiled, impressed by what Hikari had deduced.

"Wow, that's pretty good. Hardly anyone can tell what the extra spice in my special juice is. How did you know?" She asked

"Let's just say I have keen senses." Hikari answered before taking a sip of the juice.