The Battle That Follows the Seasons

All right people! I am back after Thanksgiving, napping and a counting every single vote for the pairing, to which I will announce at the end of this chapter. But please, the next time I make a voting, DO NOT, I repeat.. DO NOT make more than one comment per user. There were a whole lot of comments with only emojis from a single person that threw me off track when counting them all out. But, I got everything sorted out and Hikari's preferred match has been decided. Be sure to check out the results at the bottom and enjoy the chapter!

~~~~

Hikari went out early, a cooler filled with ice connected to a strap that hung over her shoulder. She had woken up well before dawn, intending to go down to the fish market to find the best saury for the final battle in the Fall Selection.

When she got to the fish market, it was just barely opening.

"Hi there!" She called out to one of the vendors, "Is it too late to come out and take a look at the fish?"

The vendor, an old man who ran the sardine stand, looked up at the red haired girl and smiled.

"Not at all ma'am. Come right on in." He said, "But shouldn't kids your age still be sleeping in?"

Hikari shook her head, "Nah. I'm from Totsuki Academy, so I have to get here early to pick the freshest fish. Which, by the way, do you know where I can find the saury?"

The old man looked at Hikari like she was something other worldly, "Did you say you were from Totsuki Academy?" Hikari nodded, "That's incredible! There are hardly any students who come right when the market opens. The saury vendor is right over there to the left."

"Thanks, have a nice morning." Hikari said and walked down the empty streets of the fish market. 

She walked slowly to assess the other fish in the market as they were being unpackaged and placed out for display. There were so many different kinds of fish, but Hikari could easily see the freshest fish on the ice. She got a few of other fish for her future dinners at the dorm, talking to the other vendors just to stir up conversation.

As she was walking around, she accidently bumped into someone.

"Sorry, I wasn't paying attention." Hikari apologized.

"Not a problem." A smooth voice said, "I guess you were focusing on the fish, huh, Hikari."

Hikari looked up and saw familiar head of white hair, the subtle scent of cinnamon.

"Oh, Akira, hey. You here to check out the fish, too?" She said.

"That's right. I wanted to take a look before it got too busy. Guess you had the same idea." Akira said.

"Well, you wanna walk around together? You're getting saury for the Fall Selection, right?" 

Akira nodded and the two walked over towards the saury vendor, when they suddenly stopped and looked up at the woman who ran the stand.

"Excuse me." Akira said, "I'll take what's in the middle of that box, as well as the one that's second to the left."

"And I will take the ones to the right of the same box, as well as the two third from the middle." Hikari said.

The woman happily wrapped up the fish and Hikari took hers before placing them in her icebox.

"These will be perfect." She smiled happily to herself.

Akira looked at her skeptically, "How are you so sure that they are perfect?" He asked, "I understand your sense of smell is strong. If so, then you would've asked for the same fish that I asked for."