Chapter 20

Armaan and Inaya were to descend the altar but... Armaan's joote (shoes) were missing.

"Mum, where are my--" before Armaan could ask, Manogya said,

"They're with me."

"Why?" Armaan asked, all others laughed.

"Too naive or pretending?" Asked Manogya.

Then something struck Armaan's mind, that scene from an old movie.

"Oh--" he said, "what do you want in return of those."

"Well--one lakh would be enough!!" She said, giving her most innocent smile.

"What? I thought it would be..." Armaan said, "less. Too much."

"Hmm, okay, since you're a good Jiju, I'll give twenty-five per cent discount... But... At one condition"

"What condition?" He asked.

"You will have to take Inaya in your arms and take seven rounds of the holy fire again..."

Armaan's eyes were widened and Inaya was shocked too.

"So what say? Want 25% discount?" Manogya gave a smug smile.

"I don't want a discount then--" Armaan was forestalled dramatically by Mrinal,

"What? Is that your love and strength Armaan?! Meri naak kata di tumne!"

"Will you say something to him or not!!" Mrinal said to her husband. Amaal was in a fun mood too, it was Amaal and Manogya's deal, she'll get the money and he'll get to tease his chote.

"Yes Armaan, come on, why not go for the discount!" Said Amaal, "it ain't a big deal... You're strong, if you didn't... I'll call you fattu!!"

Armaan eyed his brother, "like you haven't ever called me that. Huh."

"But then it would be your all-time name." He laughed.

Now each of the guests cheered for Armaan to do that.

He looked at Inaya who was already looking at him.

They were helpless.

Armaan sighed, faked a smile, swept her off her feet. Since it was done in a swift, she swung her arms around his neck.

Armaan looked at her and then in front of him, he turned back to the altar and started the rounds. Maybe Inaya was light but her jewellery, dress, etc were heavy and seven rounds are a lot.

Inaya's eyes were stuck on Armaan, she noticed everything about his face. His eyes, his beard, his lips,  the way he was breathing and everything. The rounds were almost done when they finally looked in each other's eyes.

As the seven rounds were done, he put Inaya on her feet again.

"Normal couple take seven rounds for seven births but they've taken fourteen, they would be inseparable!" Said Armaan's mother, without knowing they've already planned a separation.

Everybody smiled. Finally, Manogya got what she wanted, she gave him his shoes back and they finally proceed off the altar.

_

Reaching inside, Inaya performed the other rituals and then it was the time for that "find the ring" ritual.

Both Inaya and Armaan had their hands in the vessel, looking for the ring.

"Come on Armaan!" Cheered Mrinal for her brother in law.

"Come on, Innu, you gotta win this!" Cheered Amaal for his sister/sister in law.