Chapter 30

"Hasi ban gaye."

The early risers were chirping, morning sun beams peeking through the clouds, falling into the room of Armaan and Inaya. A gentle cool breeze, golden light everywhere, covering natural and man-made creations, full of beauty and magic, filled with the promise of a new beginning to Armaan and Inaya.

Inaya blinked a few times to clear her blurry vision but as she tried to move, she realised that Armaan was holding her in his arms. He wasn't lying when he said he has the habit of clinging to the person he sleeps beside.
She turned a little to take a better look of his countenance, his eyes were tightly shut, he was breathing calmly. For a moment she forgot to blink and just admired the boyish man in front of her.

"It's rude to stare you know." He said, his eyes still closed.

"You're awake!" She said, shocked, kind of blushing too.

"I woke up when you turned to stare at my face. Am I that handsome?" He opened his eyes to her morning face.

"No, you're a monkey." She grinned, he rolled his eyes, remembering the first time she called him handsome monkey when he was messing with her by not giving her the shake.

"But you added handsome too that time."

"So what? Handsome monkey sounds good to you?"

"Yesterday I told you right, you can call me anything because wives are hit---"

"Don't start with that again or I'm gonna hit you with pillows again!" She made a face.

"I won yesterday anyways." He winked at her.

"You're impossible."

"Naah, possible for you. Take another guess."

"Anyways, let's get up!" She said, ruffling his hair.

"No, I am more sleepy..." He said, pouting while he rolled over, laid on his front and she was free to go anywhere.

"You're so cute--"

She smiled, something struck her mind and she moved a little closer to him and pecked his cheeks, giving him a kiss on cheek. That action of Inaya just shocked Armaan to infinity, his mouth fell agape, she JUST KISSED HIM! He completely lost it but before he could react to it, she giggled and ran to the restroom from there.

-

She came out of the restroom and found Armaan standing by the window, looking outside. He was blankly looking outside, he wasn't even blinking.

"Armaan..." she walked to him, kept her hand on his shoulders, he got out of the trance and turned to her at the sensation of her voice.

"What happened?" She asked, He smiled and replied, "Why did you kiss me?"

"You're cute-- that's why and if I tell you the truth, I've always wanted to do that.. Your cheeks looks so cute and soft, look at 'em..." she pinched his cheeks.

"You think I'm five or what?" he chuckled, showing his teeth.

She didn't reply and turned to walk away but he held her hand and she turned.

"What?" She asked.

"Nothing, Amaal called, he was worried as we didn't pick up his calls because both of our phones were on silent."