Chapter 27

Armaan reached their home but found no one there. He looked at his phone, which was on silent until then.

23 missed calls from Innu🤪

Yes, he had saved her name in his phone like "Innu🤪" to irritate her.

He called her but she declined it.
He didn't call her again but called Amaal instead.

"You're grounded." Amaal said picking up Armaan's call.

"What-- you were with Inaya, right? Why is she not picking up my calls? And also she's not at home."

"She's with mom and dad. And she's upset. You didn't inform her that you'll not make it? You didn't pick up her calls! You know what Armaan, she won the biggest award this evening but she wasn't happy because she wanted you to be there... C'mon, your friends could have waited but the precious moment where she wanted you to be by her side couldn't. I don't know what is wrong that everytime something is going great between the two of you, something wrong is bound to happen."

"But I've been by her side at the worst time of hers, why does it matters I wasn't around when she was happy? I am with her in her sadness right? She should just get her facts right, I haven't left her in dark times at least. Me not being around when she won shouldn't make any difference. Real care is where when someone stays with you in sadness and I have. Also she didn't even care to mention me in the speech, I saw it, someone had uploaded that speech of hers."

"Armaan, what do you think? She only wants to share her sadness with you?  Nah, she also wants to share her happiness with you but you just didn't care about it. And about speech, it's human tendency not to mention the person they're missing... Get your facts right."

"It's a baseless argument."

"You high or what? Talk to me later!"

"No, not at all..."

Amaal hung up the call and that's when he got a notification that Inaya had posted something. The post with that caption.

"Oh god, she's snapping me now." He chuckled to himself not knowing how angry she actually was.

He called her again but her phone was on silent and she didn't pick up.
So he decided to leave a message.

Good Night :)
Sweet dreams :)

And they were never seen.
___

The next morning, Inaya woke up and after getting ready she walked downstairs.

There in the hall was her dear husband with her in laws.

She ignored him and greeted her mom and dad.

They just smiled at her because they knew she was upset and agreed with her.

"You should've been there." Said Armaan's mother to him as Inaya walked to the kitchen.

"I--"

"No point of defending yourself..you just should've been there." Said his dad and he sighed.

.

"Inaya, listen to me..." Armaan followed Inaya, she stopped by the door of her car as he advanced to hold her hand, she swayed it away.

"What? Go to your buddies, I don't care, I have works." she said sharply.

"Listen to me, I can explain--" Inaya narrowed her eyes him, he should be saying a damn "sorry!" instead of an explanation. She sighed and said,

"Sorry but I'm not like people who  promise and then come late."

"You're taunting me?" He raised eye eyebrow.