Chapter 26

Armaan just had completed the interview.

Let's call my wife and she what's she doing... He smiled to himself and called her.

"Oh Armaan, done with the first interview?"

"Just a few minutes ago," he answered.

"Great!"

"What were you doing?" He asked.

"Was out with a friend, he needed my help!" She replied cheerfully.

"Which friend?" He asked, not expecting, "Soobin."

He again was taken aback by that name, he forgot to ask Inaya about him, right? Who the hell is this Soobin?

"Sorry but do I know him--"

"My phone isn't charged Armaan, it may switch off moment so talk to you later and Soobin is an old colloge frien--" the line went dead.

Armaan sighed, who was the person she was hanging out with so happily?
But Armaan didn't get much time to ponder since he was called for another interview.
_

As Inaya came back home, she put her phone on charging. Inaya called Armaan, to remind me that he has to be here before 6 pm but he didn't pick up.
Assuming that he might be busy in interview, she decided to leave a message for him.

Hope you're already on the way to home! Today is the award function don't forget ;)
Be here before 6 pm!

She texted Armaan but the text was never seen and she didn't call or message him again because she got busy getting ready for the function.

As she was finally ready, dressed in a black off shoulder crop top adored with a designer long skirt. Styling her hair in a bun, she put on the required amount of make up.

"Okay! Good." She said to herself in the mirror.

" She said to herself in the mirror

(Pc - @\\rashmika_mandanna on ig)

"Where is Armaan," she picked up her phone, "it's past six o'clock already."

She opened the messenger just to see that her message wasn't seen by him yet. The pretty smile on her face started to fade.

She called him, after four failed and fruitless attempts, he finally picked up.

"Inaya I'm busy!" He said from the other side.

"Sorry--but...you forgot, it's the function night...will you make it?"

"I'll try my best and will make sure of it only when you hang up the call, I'm busy!" He cut the call. The line went dead and Inaya just stood there, thinking of the worst possibilities.
The enthusiasm in her just died hearing him, the cheerful face of hers was now frowning. She wanted him to be here, compliment her (like always) but he wasn't even here.
She sighed and lost herself in a flashback.