Episode 1: The Intruder part 4

Both Nima and Dwayne continue running through the jungle, breathing heavily and gasping. Nima is still clutching her bitten arm. Dwayne looks behind to see if something is chasing after them. He can't see it, but he can hear it coming after them. Nima looks at the canister in her hand, and puts it in her backpack. She then looks at her bitten arm, and sees it's bleeding bad. Just then, they both hear the strange chirping noise again. They stop, and turn around. They both look around. 

Dwayne: Nima, stay calm. 

Just then, a shadow animal with glowing white eyes glows in the darkness. They both see it, and run off. They hop over a small log, and pass some trees. Nima sees a rock on the ground. She picks it up, and throws it behind them. Dwayne ducks his head from a branch ahead. Then, something jumps across them. Nima then starts clutching her head in pain. 

Dwayne: Nima!

Nima: My head...What's happening to me? 

She groans as she shakes her head. Then, the chirping noise is heard again. They both look ahead, and see another shadow animal with glowing white eye. They turn to the left, but another one appears out of nowhere. They go right, but then another one shows up. The one in the middle is getting closer. They both back away slowly as they see something moving in the darkness. Nima trips, and falls on her back. They both continue backing away from the eyes as several more eyes glow in the dark. 

Dwayne: Oh, shoot...There's so many of them...

They both then reach a cliff. They both look down, and look back. Then something snarls at them, trying to bite them but they move out of the way, but also moved over the edge. They both fall down the cliff. Dwayne takes out his knife, and tries to stab it in the cliff wall, trying to stop his fall. They both land on the branch on the cliff, stopping their fall, but it breaks, making them fall again. They both grunt in pain as they hit and roll down the cliff wall. Then, they grab ahold of the cliff rock, stopping their fall again. 

Dwayne: (Grunting) Hang on, Nima!

Nima: (Grunting) I...can't!

They both slip, and fall down again. Then, they land on another branch again, holding onto it. Then, it breaks, and they fall and land on the grass below. They both lay on the grass for a moment while grunting and groaning. They both slowly get back up. 

Dwayne: (Chuckles) Whoa...

Nima: (Chuckles) Yeah, whoa...

Then, they hear something. They look ahead, and see another one. 

Dwayne: Dang it, not again...

Nima is gasping as she sees it. They both turn around, and begin to run again, but they step off a ledge, and land on a road. They both get back up, but they don't see a car coming up at them. They both see the headlights. Nima gasps. 

Dwayne: Nima! Nima, look out!

He grabs a hold of her, and they both move forward to try to avoid the car, but scene cuts to black as the car's tires are screeching from stopping. 

A few minutes earlier

In a gas-powered jeep, the Hardings are driving through the night, trying to get to the east dock. 

Gerry: And we are officially late. 

Jess: We were ready when you said! I just couldn't find my CD player. 

Jason: Sorry, dad. I also couldn't find my notebook. 

Gerry: It's fine, kids. They won't leave without us. 

Jess: (Excited) Us? You're coming to Dallas?

Gerry: Oh! Just to the mainland. I have to be back after the storm. I'll drive you and your brother to the airport!