Episode 2: The Cavalry part 3

With the heroes, Jason, and Dwayne, they're still in the tree, away from the raptors. The raptors are still down below, just waiting for them to give themselves. Sora looks at them as they look back at him. Just then, a loud roar is heard. Everyone looks around as the roar echoes in the air. 

Jason: What was that?

Sora then looks down, and sees that the raptors are sniffing the air, and they all get scared from the roar. Then, they all run away to the left.

Sora: I don't know, but it scared away our friends down there. We can go down there now. 

They all climb down from the tree, and land on the ground. As they do, they all hear something in the air. They all look up, and see Patrick's chopper. Jason smiles, and cheers. Dwayne looks down, and sighs. He just hopes that Nima didn't caught yet. What they both have is too important. In the chopper, Patrick looks around, and he spots them. 

Patrick: There they are! Hale, put us down there!

Hale nods, and lands the chopper on the ground. Patrick and Sam get out of the chopper, and they walk to them. 

Patrick: You all okay?

Riku: Yeah, we're fine. Thank you for coming to get us. We thought no one was gonna come for us. 

Patrick: Don't worry about it. (Looks at Dwayne) Wait. Dwayne Rico?

Dwayne: Patrick Slater. We meet again. 

Patrick: Yeah. So, you took these kids with you. And this boy right here must be Jason Harding. Where's your partner?

Dwayne: We splited up. She took the boy's father and sister north, while I took these kids west. 

Patrick: Why didn't you wait back at the Center? You knew we were gonna go there to find you.

Dwayne: Come on, Pat. You know me. I'm a merc. You think mercs want to be saved, and arrested at the same time?

Sam: (Scoffs) Great. We got a merc here. What do we do, Patrick?

Patrick: Put him in cuffs. And after that, we radio in Billy to let him and Oscar know we've found them.

Sam nods, and walks to Dwayne. Dwayne just stays where he's at, and he gets handcuffed. Everyone looks at them. How does this guy know Dwayne? In the chopper, Hale looks at them, and then radios in D-Caf. 

Hale: D-Caf, this is Hale. We've found the kids, and the man. They're all okay. How about you?

D-Caf on radio: Billy and Oscar went ahead to find the Hardings and the woman. I'm waiting for them in the chopper. 

Hale: Alright. Radio in when you're all ready to get Dr. Sorkin. 

D-Caf on radio: Roger. Over and o--Wait a minute. 

Hale: What is it? 

D-Caf on radio: I thought I saw something nearby. 

Hale: What did you see?

D-Caf on radio: I don't know. It moved too fast. Wait. What is...oh my gosh!

Hale: D-Caf?

D-Caf is heard screaming on the radio. Hale can only listens as D-Caf continues screaming on the radio. And then, it goes static. 

Hale: D-Caf?! Are you there?! Respond! D-Caf?!

All he's getting is static. He looks out, and sees the others are coming to the chopper now. Sam opens the door for them.

Hale: Slater!

Patrick: What is it, Hale?

Hale: I just lost contact with D-Caf! It sounded like he was being attacked!