Cedric x Reader-Just The Two Of Us

||Requested by @ioveffyy||

You and Cedric had been friends for as long as you both could remember, your parents had all attended Hogwarts around the same time and worked together in the ministry. You were attached at the hip as children, practically inseparable, that was until Cedric started Hogwarts and you being a year younger had to wait, He would visit during his holidays, telling you about the cool things he was learning but you missed him dearly. He told you about the friends he had made and how he was excited to introduce you to them next year.

"This is Y/N," Cedric said with a grin as he introduced you to his friends

"The infamous Y/N, Cedric would not stop talking about you for like the first two months of term, he ran out of stories by Halloween," One says with a chuckle which causes Cedric to go a light pink.

"Awe Ricky missed me that much hm," You say with a small grin

"I thought we agreed that Ricky was a bad nickname for me," Cedric complains

"Nu uh, you complained about it and I ignored that plus everyone calls you Ced so it's not an interesting thing to call you,Ricky," You sass back causing Cedric's friends to laugh

After the initial meeting, you talked and made friends within your year and formed a bridge between two groups whom eventually merged to form a   collection of misfits with different backgrounds and interests. You guys had many parties which led to a fair few confessions, heartbreaks and childhood stories coming to light, like the one time Cho's mum was so angry that she unstitched some seams in Mr Chang's clothes or the one time Roger Davies' aunt spilled red wine on his mother's carpet which led to a little feud that lasted two years.

"Truth."

"Tell us a family story that no one knows."

"Oh I have so many stories... Have I told you guys about the camping trip."

"You've been camping?"

"I'll take that as a no... So it was summer of our third year and dad had decided to take us camping, like a fool. So it must have been around 11pm and it was pitch black then my mum heard a noise so she sent my dad to go check it out, which was a bad idea cause he came back after an hour with this yucky goo all over him, turns out he had gone so far out and fallen into a body of water that was brimming with algae but my brother kept insisting it was some paranormal being so the day after me and my dad decided to prank the kid by pretending we had gotten infected by a symbiote, he screamed so loudly and kept yelling about Venom and Carnage, or something or other."

"Wow that's so hor-"

"Hilarious!"

Now it's a cloudy Sunday afternoon so you and your friends were on a walk around the Hogwarts grounds, it kinda of had become a weekly tradition around about your fourth year, mainly as a distraction for those who had their OWLs as a form of stress relief. An hour or two each week where there was no school work in sight and they could focus on the atmosphere around them. Of course it wasn't complete without snowball games in the winter and waterfights in the warmer seasons. Over the past five years, you and Cedric had grown even closer together with the group joking about you being the parental figures based off how much you would jokingly bicker with one another. And over time this had led to both of you developing feelings for the other which everyone else saw coming and knew about, except you two, obviously. Currently, You and Cedric were a bit behind the group, walking at a slightly slower pace as the others walked ahead which was all a part of a plan Cedric had concocted to finally ask you out on a date.

"Y/N," Cedric begins "I've been meaning to say this for a while..."

You turn your head slightly and look at him "Well don't shy away from it now Ricky."

"I thought we agreed to stop calling me that," Cedric says

"You complained about it and I ignored that," You reply with a grin "Now what were you going to say."

"Y/N, I've been afraid to say this because I've felt this way since last year and I know we've been friends since we were in nappies hence me not saying anything because I didn't want to ruin our existing bond but I'm in love with you."

"I didn't think you felt the same way I felt about you," You say with a small smile "So when's our first date Ricky?"

"So I was thinking maybe we could go to Hogsmeade together, just the two of us,"

"Just the two of us, we can make it if we try" You sing quietly

"Hopefully yea, the two of us," Cedric replies with a dorky grin

"Yoohoo lovebirds!" Cho yells with a laugh "Are you going to close this six metre gap?"

"Social distancing icons," Roger Davies adds with a chuckle