Neville x Reader-Tutoring

|| Requested by @burning_charcoal (Just in case y'all forgot how the Hogwarts grade system works, a T(Troll) is equivalent to a F (fail)||

You and your friend were walking from breakfast in the great hall to your first lesson herbology which was in the greenhouses as per usual. You had recently done an end of module assessment so were expecting the grade back. When you eventually got your Herbology paper back and saw another T on the front, you sighed and turned the paper over so no one else could see it.

"See me after class Miss/Mr/Mx Y/L/N," Sprout says

" Yes professor, " You reply

Your friend looks over at you and notices your deflated expression, "I know you revised alot for this test Y/N but its the effort that counts right."

"I guess," You say as you look in Professor Sprout's general direction so you could pay attention to the start of the lesson

||Timeskip to the end of the lesson brought to you by Downer Inc (Seriously listen to it, its sooooo good, 13/10 recommend)||

You watch everyone file out of the classroom as you stay put at your desk. You begin talking about your recent slip in grades and any possible reasons why there is a slip. You notice a tall figure hovering near the door of the herbology greenhouse.

" I think a tutor would be beneficial for you," Sprout begins "I personally would suggest Mr Longbottom as a tutor for you dear "

"Hello," Neville says with a nervous wave as he walks into the classroom.

"Hi, " You reply with a matching nervous smile.

||Timeskip to the actual tutoring, cause ya gorl is a bit 🌟lazy🌟, brought to you by Chewbacca legend- I will not appreciate any Chewbacca slander||

Once you had both met up in the library, you both began talking about things you enjoyed, just to diffuse any awkwardness before you started actually working.

"Star Wars, please tell me you've watched Star Wars," You start

"The muggle space movies? I cant say I have. "

You gasp "You have to watch them.... We're watching them later!"

"Maybe you should focus on the herbology grade first, oh what about of you get at least a pass on the next test i'll watch one with you. "

"Sounds like a deal Longbottom," You say "Well lets get started then shall we? "

"Of course," Neville says with a chuckle before explaining the different types of roots and their properties and uses as well as other plant stuff for like several hours.

"I can't lie my brain cannot take anymore of this," You say as you put your head on the table

Neville laughs a little and closes the textbook  "I guess we could do with a small break."

"I would kill to watch Star Wars nowwwww," You say

" We could do that tomorrow as like a date possibly, " Neville says "I don't think we can cram one star wars film into half an hour."

" i'm sure we could if we just watched it on quadruple speed, " You say

"Maybe but i doubt i'll be able to keep up," Neville says

" Yeah since its the first time watching them too, wouldn't want to ruin the whole experience, " You say "Tomorrow for a bingewatch doesn't sound bad."

" Well that sounds great, "

"You better have eight hours spare because a true binge is watching the trilogy in one sitting,"

" of course, room of requirement after breakfast, "

"Sounds good,now lets back to these books" you say before Neville goes on a bit of a tangent talking about gillyweed.

"....speaking of gillyweed, I gave it to Dobby to give to Harry in his second task for the tournament last year..." Neville rambles

You nod your head in interest "You're cute when you ramble."

"...would kill me if he realised i got it from his st- what?"

" i said you're cute when you ramble. "

Neville blushes a little and you add to that by saying "You're cuter when you're blushing."

You both look at each other and smile softly before you see Pince walk around a corner to scold a group of Ravenclaws in one of the alcoves nearby.

||I also got the virus so I've been feeling pretty shitty hence this being really really short and my schedule which has been delayed by like 3 weeks now also schools being an inconvenience with all this work they set over the Christmas period ||