Dean x Reader- Yule Ball

||Requested in Message Board by @everywhereyoulook also I apologise for it being such a short fic but my creativity has left the chat||

It was the night of the Yule Ball and you were dancing away with your date, one of the Beauxbatons students. You had hoped a certain Gryffindor asked you but hadn't bothered to wait to see if he asked you so you accepted the invitation of the French person. They had left to get drinks and Dean approached.

"You came with them then?" Dean questions.

"Yeah," You retort "Problem with that Thomas?"

"Not at all Y/L/N," Dean retorted

"Of course not, if you wanted to go so badly with me maybe you should have asked?" You suggest

"Bold of you to assume I wanted to go with you Y/L/N," Dean retorts, lying through his teeth "You have the grace and decorum of a seal."

"Bugger off Thomas, I don't need you around and ruining my night!" You spit

"Gladly!" Dean says before leaving you alone and your date appeared with with a drink for you a couple of minutes after.

You graciously accepted the drink and ignored Dean's remarks. You danced with your date for a while and they left you to go get some food and you went to got talk with your friends.

"Having fun Y/N?" One of them asked

"I was but Thomas had the audacity to try and ruin my night," You complain

"Oh that's unfortunate," Another replies "The slow song for the couples is starting soon so you might want to go find your date."

"Oh great, how long do I have to find them?" You ask

"I'd say five minutes," Your friend replies

||Timeskip brought to you by CrankThatFrank||

It had been half an hour since your date had left you and you went to go find them but when you saw them, you wish you hadn't because you saw them kissing Dean no less on the stairs near the Great Hall. You turned on your heel and sprinted back into the hall not bothering to look back. You weren't going to cry but were extremely pissed off. You went to the drinks table and poured yourself some juice that had probably been spiked. You drank at least two glasses before going to sit down at a table and watching glumly as the rest of the couples danced. After a while, one of the Durmstrang students approached you.

"A lovely person such as yourself shouldn't be sat here all alone," They say and you respond by raising a brow and rolling your eyes before they ask. "Would you like to dance?"

"No thank you," You reply before waving off the Durmstrang student.

"Suit yourself," They say before going to bother a Ravenclaw you recognised.

||Timeskip brought by Amy Lee||

You had sobered up a little and were wandering the halls when you saw Dean heading towards you

"Oi what do you want Thomas," You start clearly irritated and tired

"Y/N, I'm so sorry about earlier, your date just came up to me and kissed me. When I saw your reaction I saw the pain in your eyes and I broke away from them to find you. I couldn't find you and after that I went to your Common Room to see if you were there but one of the lads offered me a firewhiskey which I drank but I don't remember anything after that," Dean explains.

"Whilst you did that, I walked into the hall again and headed straight to a table," You explain to him, not mentioning the fact you might have unknowingly drank something.

"I have a question," Dean says

"Fire away," You ask

"Want to go out on a date?" He asks whilst you stare in confusion

"Well do you want to go out?" Dean asks before "Look I'm sorry I was such a prat but the truth is, is that I've liked you since third year and the only way you seemed to notice me is if I acted like a prat and for that I'm truly sorry."

"I'll think about it Thomas," You say before leaving him in the hallway.