Chapter 1: The Shadow Sirens

Mario was at his house and he was about  to video-call Meggy from his room who was in Port Aurora.

She picked up the call from her phone.

Mario: Hey Meggy.

Meggy: Mario! How are you doing, sweetie?

Mario: Pretty good, yeah. How's your vacation?

Meggy: Nothing exciting anymore as yet, but still relaxing.

Mario: Okay. By the way, I saw your missed call. What did you wanted to call me about?

Meggy: My friends Sam and Kenji called me yesterday and told me about something you'd like at Inktopolis. If you're not busy, you should check it out.

Mario: Well I'm not doing much. Just eating spaghetti, lying down, definitely not looking at embarrassing pictures of you from your past. So yeah, I can check it out.

Meggy: Ok. Well, I'll talk to you later Mario. Love you.

Mario: Love you too. Bye.

Meggy: Bye. (Hangs up the phone)

Bob was in Mario's house too and he walked inside Mario's room and was holding a box of pictures of Meggy as a child.

Bob: ArE yOu DoNe TaLkInG tO yOuR gIrLfRiEnD?

Mario: Yep.

Bob: CoOl! (Walks to Mario) NoW wE cAn CoNtInUe LoOkInG aT mOrE eMbArRaSsInG aNd CrApPy PiCtUrEs Of MeGgy!

Mario: Continue without me. (Walks out of the room) Mario's got a surprise waiting for him at Inktopolis.

Bob: SuIt YoUrSeLf.

At Inktopolis...

Mario came out of the sewer entrance and when he did, the first things he saw were Sam and Kenji.

Kenji: Mario, check out the icecream shop just left from here.

Sam: Your surprise awaits you there.

Mario: Thanks. Wait, don't you have to be an inkling to use places here.

Sam: Oh yeah. Forget about that. Here's something.

He gave him an inkling with so no one knows that he was a human. He actually started to like it.

He went towards and inside the icecream shop, then a few minutes after came back outside and walked towards Sam and Kenji holding 2 cones of spaghetti-flavored icecream

Mario: Thanks for telling me about this guys.

Kenji: Well, it was something new here so we figured you of all people would like it.

Sam: Yeah. And I can see the disguise worked perfectly.

Mario: Yep.