Chapter 9 - Taste of Korea

Not that I never smiled a lot before, but after the whole day after meeting with Amy, my cheeks ached from smiling so much. I couldn't help it. It was always a really happy day when you get to hold the person you were crazy about. Of course, I had my fair share of romances, the most prominent being Priscilla. There was Joan, though, the woman who I met in '57, who acted with me in Blue Hawaii and Kid Galahad. I even asked her to marry me after we essentially lived together while filming Blue Hawaii, but she refused since she claimed she was in love with another actor. And there was Anita Wood, who I met in '57 as well, and dated for a few years after that. I also went steady with a couple of girls before that, too - Dixie and Barbara.

Me and women... I seemed to have the love bug disease. I keep falling for women, and those few seemed to be in the past now that I met Amy. Or, at least, they were put to the side. I didn't know what would come of Priscilla and me. She would come back to the states in the summer. Boy, what bad timing since I fell for another girl.

But I wasn't in love with her. Was I? Maybe I was. I had to stop myself from kissing her when we said goodbye, kissing her on the lips. How would she have reacted to that? Had she even been kissed by a man before? She mentioned that boys didn't really give her much attention, so maybe not. That meant I was the first man to ever do such a thing to her!

"Elvis, what are you grinning about?"

I looked over at the Colonel who was sitting next to me in the driver's seat. We had just got off the set to shoot another fair scene. Actually, Norman wanted to redo it since he wasn't pleased with the last shot.

"Nothin'," I fibbed.

"It's never nothing with you. You're thinking about that Korean girl."

"I'm not just thinkin' about her. Do ya think I'm reckless when it comes to women?"

He laughed. "Do you really want me to answer that?"

"I know your answer, anyway. I think I am. I mean, back when I was doing Kid Galahad, I was involved with two different girls at the same time, Priscilla and Anita, and I was still feelin' somethin' for Joan."

"I would say that you were involved with all three – Joan, Priscilla and Anita. You were a thing with Anita for a few years, and while you were dating her, you started something with Priscilla, and then with Joan. Anita dumped you since you kept Priscilla a secret."

I grimaced. That wasn't one of my finer moments. "Wow, when you put it all together, I'm a Casanova. It's embarrasin'."

"Women just love you, Elvis and you love them a little too much. But really, you were only serious about one – Priscilla. That's why I advise that you marry her. Maybe that would stop you from chasing after other women, and maybe prevent them from chasing after you."

"I don't know if getting' married will help anythin'."

"At least tell Priscilla about Miss Kim. Don't keep it from her. We don't want another disaster like what happened when Anita found out about Priscilla. I thought the girl was going to go straight to Germany to rip her hair out."

"I thought the same thing." I shook my head, thinking about this. "Boy oh boy, my love life sure is crazy."

"It's always been that way, Elvis."

I looked over at him. "Do ya think I need to tell Priscilla about Amy even though Amy and I aren't really a thing? I mean, I'm crazy about the girl, yes, but we're not a thing."

"Just tell her that you fell for another girl. Save the trouble of her finding out in the press – Elvis Presley falls for hotel maid. I hope it doesn't happen since you're keeping your distance."