CHAPTER ➤ 006 BATTLING A KIZUKI

It's been 2 months since you became an official slayer...

You were just peacefully playing with your snake in the outside yard of the estate when a broom hit your head.

"Owie. What was that for?!" You said turning to your brother, as your cobra, Queen, let out an irritated hiss as she narrowed her eyes to your brother.

"Quit messing around and start doing your chores-"

"CAW! CAW! Y/N, TO NORTH EAST! NORTH EAST!" Before Iguro could finish his sentence, your crow cawed, flying above your head.

"Yes!" You hissed, but that didn't go unnoticed by your brother.
He knew you were thankful that you could escape your chores, but what could he do? It's a mission from Oyakata-sama.

He clicks his tongue irritatedly while Kaburamaru rubs his cheek for comfort, Iguro will take care of your chores until you come back.

"Tsk. After that mission, clean the whole estate, especially your room, it's total bullshit" he nagged, bonking your head.

"You gotta stop bonking me, it will become a habit and I don't want that" you crossed your arms, you didn't want his bonking to turn into a habit, it hurts and it's annoying.

"It is." was all he replied as he walked away, but stopped. "Try to come back alive, bye" he waved his hands as he neared the estate.

"Hmm. Bye bye!" You yell as you run outside with your pet snake nice and snug in your haori (You blackmailed Iguro to sew a pocket on your haori just for Queen).

But then Iguro stopped and climbed a tree to see you leave without you noticing, he smiled warmly under his mask with a hint of worry in his eyes.

He sure was concerned, every time you go on a mission he feels deeply distressed, he didn't know why, but he felt a connection with you, the same connection and love, as he would with family.

★✯★✯★

A young girl, you, with a snake in your pocket, walked innocently along the path at 10pm. You were in the village that was reported to have a demon lurking in, quite bothered by the fact that the place was so silent that you could hear each breath you take.

You guessed they lock their doors and windows for their safety, and that's good.

"Hey kid, what are you doing outside this late?" A male voice whispered, you turn to see a male around his late 20's peeking over his door.

"A-ah.. um..G-good eve-"

"A SLAYER! THANK GOODNESS! PLEASE COME INSIDE!" Before you could even finish your sentence an old lady popped her head into the door shouting those words as she recognized your outfit, then dragged you into their house.

"Um.. excuse me" you said entering their quaint, little house.

You heard the male click his tongue, maybe he's annoyed?

"If I may ask, what happened here? It's so quiet, too quiet" you, in their living room, holding a teacup filled with green tea, started.

"Idiot, of course because a demon attacked here!" The male yelled as you remained silent.

"Sorry about that" the old woman said, "You see, the village has been hiding in fear for the last few weeks. There's been a rumor that a demon has been attacking the people, and just an hour ago my grandson became one of them.

"..." you nodded.
"Is that all you can do?! My son is literally in danger right now and you just nod?! I can't believe it! A slayer?! This ki-"

"Let's go" you stated In your monotone voice as you grab Kaijo's arm.