CHAPTER ➤ 017 THE BATTLE OF CLONES

" Oh.. I didn't know that the real one was gonna be here, such a surprise... " The Imposter purred, grinning widely and she licked the toothpaste (Mui-kun's "aka toothpaste's" blood) from her blade.

You stayed silent, as you lowered your head with your loose hair creating a shadow covering your glaring eyes. Eyes... of a ruthless killer. Eyes... that can pierce through any heart, demon or human.

She trembled at those eyes of yours, and she swears on her life that she sees your eyes having a glow of blood red.

" Ne.. wanna play a game? It's called dodge and attack... Me first. " you mutter as you lunge to attack her in the blink of an eye, she was so disoriented by your action that she froze, only to see you mid-air, just a few inches away from her, ready... to slay.

Luckily for her she snapped from her trance just enough to block you.

As she tries to block you, you suddenly take a sharp turn and do a hook kick still midair making her stumble and fall.

' h-how! H-how did she change position so fast! And on the midair?!

' the impostor and Muichiro thought.

' So this... Is the Y/N, that zebra was talking about... Incredible. '

Flash back, 4 months ago...

" Tokito. Don't underestimate my sister, when she gets serious and mad, ' The Feathered Serpent ' in her will awaken "

End of flashback...

Y/N buried her feet into the soil, and within a heartbeat, her shining blade swung towards the imposter's neck. Now her heartbeat will end.

The demon manage to block it with her own blade, Y/N then used this to her advantage, and leaned down to do a swing kick, trying to knock down the imposter

Yet, the imposter managed to back away, then smirked. " You aren't half bad " she commented

Y/N kept her mouth shut, " Can you just... Die already " she seethed with her eyes proclaiming her thirst for blood.

" Ara?~ someone's impatient.. y'know it's hard fighting in this state so how about... " the demon began to melt and form into another being, well, her original form.

It was a female demon with a dress composed of moss and dead leaves merged with the cold, grassy ground. Her veins, seen as clear as day through her green, glass-like skin, and her olive eyes, were tattooed with an X and a number 2 kanji.

Former lower moon 2 I see...

" Sate... Let's end this, yes? "

She charged at you, with a hook kick to your head. You ducked, and while low on the ground, you kneed her chin, making her lose her footing.

She quickly recovered and took a step back.

" Blood demon art – Copy cats " she mumbles, then foggy shadows appear.

They slowly formed mimicking your figure, your hair, stature, everything. They looked exactly like you.

They begin attacking you but you easily block them. Swinging your blade slashing and blocking theirs as you slash your way through them to get to Muichiro.

 Swinging your blade slashing and blocking theirs as you slash your way through them to get to Muichiro

The demon then planned to recover her strength and stamina by killing and eating Muichiro first.

" MUICHIRO! " You shouted as you blocked and slashed another clone making it disappear into thin air. Like how it should be.

" DON'T YOU DARE, DON'T YOU DA— " You were cut off by the clones reappearing and multiplying, then attacking you all at once

" One at a time please you beautiful-faced yet horrible creatures! Breath of the weather: third form - sunny day - ball of heat! "

Muichiro couldn't move as he watched your battle with your clones. As he heard the clanging of those blades, fear and anxiousness, like a terrible plague leaving him paralyzed and in pain. Even when you were surrounded by clones, which if put together, the 'original you' won't be picked out with the untrained eye. But a certain pair of mint colored eyes knows.. knows who you are even if all your clones did the same thing as you, he knew, from your vibe, aura, heck, even the shimmer in your eyes, was something he could never forget.

' Y/N... '

" You look very concerned, is she someone special to you? " The demon approached him, making him twitch a little and grab his blade, readying to attack as he sits on the ground.

' shit. I can't move '

" She's my friend, so what? "

" Friend? Then those eyes of yours must be lying " the demon summoned a sword similar to Muichiro's

" Shut it you bitch. " He stood up and began attacking her but she swiftly evaded the metal effortlessly.

' my stance's getting slow... I can't do any forms, and Y/N... Arghh '

" Too slow. Liar. " She then was about to shove her nails to his chest but he sidestepped but not enough so it gave him a scratch.

Believing she had the upper hand, about to squeeze the toothpaste out of the tube, she was caught off guard by your kick to her head.

You used this moment to do another axe kick on her stomach sending her flying towards a tree. Instead of bruises, her glassy skin formed cracks.

" Breath of the weather - fourth form - snow day - avalanche "

You jumped into the air, swung your sword sending ice shards on her way, and as soon as your feet touched the ground, you immediately circled her, cutting off her arms and legs.

She looked at you in horror as you once again lift your feet off the ground to deliver the final blow.

" Venom fangs and a narrow head... " you mutter

Within a mere second, still in the air, you then flashed before her eyes with your katana sheathed.

Ashes began pouring down, the swamp demon in the matter of milliseconds was beheaded. Her clothes fluttered to the ground like a feather.

You were about to run towards Muichiro when you felt a sharp and intense pain on your chest, your breath began hitching, beginning to sweat endlessly, and your veins started to pop out of your skin.

Holding your sword as it's tip was buried on the ground as a support you lean into it, while coughing a scary amount of blood.

Shit...

" Y/N? " You heard Muichiro asked, you felt dizzy and drowsy

Double shit.

" Y-yeah J-Just a bit drows..— y... " And that's when you collapsed, unable to support your weight any longer.

" Y/N! " You heard him shout, as you were about to fall down and see the soft warm ground, instead, fell into soft, warm, and safe arms.

" Muichiro... Gomen, I was too late, you got hurt... " You wheezed.

" Dummy. I wouldn't be alive if you weren't here " he said, lightly flicking your forehead

" Eh? Aren't you stronger than me? You always beat me when it comes to practice, I'm 100% sure you're able to kill that demon tho.. " you stated as you felt the darkness consume you.

He hummed, he slowly raised you up as he leaned down, he whispered something but it was muffled because of your exhaustion, after what he said, you slowly fell unconscious.

" I would though, I would... If the demon didn't remind me too much.. of,, you."

This is the moment Muichiro swears he won't forget, as much as the anxiousness eating him. It was unbearable. It was soft, sweet, and warm action.

______________________________________________________________