CHAPTER ➤ 020 THROW BACK pt. 2

It was near midnight when Iguro went to his mission's location. Walking along a cold path in a misty and dark forest miles away from the main village, his eyes flickered at a familiar cottage house.

" Hm? " He questionably hummed.

He went closer to the cottage house which was old, bare, and dusty. His fingers strum on the wall and foundation of the house. He glides his finger on it's wall, then brushed of the dust that was left on his fingers, wiping it on his haori

" This was the place where I first met her. The place where her nightmares began. " He mumbled as his mind then flashed to a memory from around 3 years ago, same place, same time, but a different scenario.

━━━━ Iguro's POV

I walked in a dark thick forest, my guard up and sword drawn out just in case my best friend senses some demon shit along the way. I can easily defeat it then go back.

" NEE-CHAANN! PLEASE...! " A voice shouted, it sounded like a girl, a young, teen girl.

I quickly went to the scene and observed. Seems like they don't need my help. It didn't sound like she's being attacked by a demon anyway.

It's not like I'm being nosy or anything, I was just curious. Given the fact about my cursed past. I'm kinda curious how family works. Like, real deal ones.

I saw the h/c haired girl lying on the ground, her arms, legs, bleeding profusely. The cuts, deep.

The other girl, whose face wasn't seen as it was hidden in the dark of the night, was hovering over the beaten girl. In her hand was a whip and what I guessed was made out of a stingray.

I didn't want to interfere. I was about to walk away when..

" AAAH!— "

In a blink of an eye, I ran to the scene cutting the demon's limbs off and kicked it flying towards the cottage house, to my dismay it dragged the whip girl, holding her neck, securing her with his sharp nails.

It looks like their house was attacked by a demon, and the older sister offered the girl's life to it just to save herself. That's why the h/c girl was beaten,, it is either caused by the whip girl or the demon.

Since, " I thought you said you wouldn't call any slayers and you'd let me eat that piece of trash if I spare your life?! " The demon stated.

I quickly understood the situation.

I look at the girl whom I saved. " She passed out? " I questioned silently and noticed her head was bleeding.

Since when did her head blee—

My trail of thoughts were cut off and my eyes widened at the demon smashing the ' sister's ' head on a rock.

I see. This demon loves brain, that it needed to smash open the victim's head

I was about to attack and release a breathing form when it dodged.

It's fast.

It was heading to the girl so I quickly picked up my pace and turned to protect her. I can't let another being die due to my carelessness, I let another one slip away just now.

Bitch deserves it though.

I fought the demon with the h/c haired girl in my arms, since the demon is fast I can't just let my guard down.

Since it was fast, why not play a game like racing?

Second form: Venom Fangs of the narrow head

The demon was beheaded at light speed. I began to walk away with the girl still in my arms. Her body, limp, and legs dangling.