- 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

Third person.

"Yeonjun! I'm going out to the grocery store!" Yunmi shouted while putting on her shoes.

"It's late!" Yeonjun shouted back, coming from the living room.

"I'm craving ice cream. Want me to buy you some?" Yunmi stopped before going out the door and turned her head to her brother to ask.

"Fine. Vanilla ice cream. But make sure to be home in 30 minutes!" Yeonjun responded. Yunmi scoffed and walked out without replying.

Yunmi had to fasten her walk as she didn't expect to be chilly outside, and the clothes she was wearing aren't helping. In 10 minutes, she stepped inside the grocery store.

She walked straight to the frozen desserts, practically drooling while looking at the various kinds of ice creams and other cold treats. She stared, having a small discussion in her mind on what to pick.

In the end, she grabbed the cookies n' cream and strawberry flavors. She also grabbed one vanilla ice cream for her brother and closed the freezer.

She headed to the cashier but as the snacks area was in sight, she decided to stop by.

'I mean... I still have money.' She shrugged and began choosing.

Finding her favorite chips on the top of the aisle, Yunmi struggled to get them even with standing on her toes. She extended her arm and forced herself to reach it but before she can, another hand got it first. Yunmi looked at the owner of the hand and groaned when she least expected to see.

"Really? You?" Yunmi scoffed.

"Nice seeing you here." Ni-ki remarked with sarcasm.

"I saw that first." Yunmi pointed to the bag of chips held by him.

"I got it first." Ni-ki said back.

"There's still a lot, get another one instead." Yunmi said, hoping he will finally give it to her, but the boy only shook his head.

"You get it. It's not my fault you were born short." Ni-ki taunted and chuckled. She's not that short, it's just fun for him to lose her temper.

"What are you doing here anyway?" Yunmi asked.

Aside from school where they always have to see each other's faces, Ni-ki and Yunmi also encounter at this grocery store countless times. Normally, they would just glare or mouth something incomprehensible and then pretend one doesn't exist. But today's not the day.

"Can't I be here?" Ni-ki arched his brow.

"Oh, no you can't." Yunmi mockingly replied.

"My mom dragged me here." He sighed and answered.

"Your mom's here?" Yunmi asked and looked around when a woman walked up to them.

"I told you not to go anywhere, young man!" The woman scolded and flicked Ni-ki's ear, causing him to wince and rub it.

Yunmi watched the scenario in front of her, snickering discreetly. Serves him right. His mother saw Yunmi standing there and smiled, Yunmi immediately returned a slight smile and bowed.

"What a pretty girl you are! I'm Riki's mother. Are you his friend? Oh wait, you seem familiar..." Mrs. Nishimura exclaimed, tapping her chin to think.

Ni-ki looked at his mom with wide eyes, while Yunmi couldn't help but feel flattered at the sudden compliment.

"Friend?" Ni-ki cringed. Yunmi wanted to roll her eyes, but no, not in front of his mother.

"I'm Choi Yunmi." Yunmi answered politely.

"Oh, Yunmi! I'm guessing you're the girl I've seen with Riki a few times?" His mom questionably asked.

Yunmi paused and glanced at Ni-ki, not knowing what to respond. As Ni-ki nodded his head to her, Yunmi gave a nod to his mother and smiled.

"Anyways Riki, we should go now, unless you still want to talk to Yunmi?" She asked her son.

"Nope, let's go," Ni-ki replied.

"It's nice meeting you, Yunmi-ah." Mrs. Nishimura said and waved. Yunmi bid goodbye and was met with Ni-ki's dead eyes again.

"Here." Ni-ki threw the chips to her. Yunmi caught it and stuck her tongue out to him. Ni-ki ignored her as he and his mother walked away.

━━━━━━━━━━

Please give some feedback and
votes, I'm starting to think this
is boring 😟