- 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Third person.

It didn't take a lot of convincing to get Ni-ki to go to the movies with her. After they ate at some fast food restaurant that Ni-ki paid for, they went straight to the cinema. Yunmi had a mixture of excitement and impatience when they got there. They picked a movie- well, more like, Yunmi picked the movie. She must've been dying to watch the movie she chose since she's the one who suggested going here, so Ni-ki chose not to argue instead and bought the tickets for the both of them.

"Want some popcorn?" Ni-ki asked. Yunmi nodded while looking at the choices of the variety of popcorn flavors.

"Hm, yeah. I'll have cheese." Yunmi replied.

"Can I get one cheese popcorn and one butter, please? Add two sodas too. Thanks." Ni-ki said to the counter. They waited for their food to be done, and Ni-ki paid for both their popcorn and drinks.

Once they were finally inside the movie room, Yunmi squinted her eyes to look for a nice seat. There was a whole row available in the middle and she immediately pulled Ni-ki there. She sighed in relaxation and placed her drinks on the cup holder. Ni-ki settled in his seat.

The room was a bit chilly and Yunmi didn't bring any extra jacket. She was wearing an oversized jumper though, but she was wearing a skirt. She tugged her skirt and placed her hands to cover her legs. Her eyes are mainly glued to the screen showing the trailer. Ni-ki heard her shuffling in her seat and looked to see what was wrong.

"Are you cold?" Ni-ki asked.

"Kinda." Yunmi let out an embarrassed little laugh. Her expression changed when she saw him take off his yellow patterned jacket and handed it to her.

"I don't need it. I swear I'm fine." Yunmi shook her head, using her hand to decline.

"Use it to cover your legs at least. It's okay, I'm wearing a hoodie underneath. See?" Ni-ki insisted, tugging the fabric of his gray hoodie.

"How were you not feeling warm a while ago wearing a hoodie under a jacket? It's summer." Yunmi deadpanned and took her jacket to place it on her lap. It was big enough to cover half down of her legs.

"I took it off while we were eating. Did you not see me?" Ni-ki raised an eyebrow. Yunmi's mouth then formed into a round shape in realization.

"Oh. Must have not noticed it." Yunmi shrugged.

They were waiting for it to start as more people come in. A group of boys, maybe three or four, sat on the seats next to Yunmi. Yunmi glances at them shortly and decided not to be bothered by them whispering loudly. Ni-ki was on her other side. He slightly leaned forward to glance at the boys, noticing the guy who kept glancing at Yunmi.

"Stop looking at them, weirdo." Yunmi whispered casually to him.

"They're the ones who are weird. They keep-"

"Shh." A finger was brought up to his face, touching his lips to shush him up.

"The movie's starting." Yunmi squealed quietly, popping a few popcorns inside her mouth.

Ni-ki fell back into his seat, taking a sip from his drink with a scowl. Might as well just enjoy the movie then.

━━━━━

Ni-ki was too late to know that it was a sad movie. As it ended tragically and the credits began to show up, he glanced to his side and saw the tears in Yunmi's eyes. She was sniffling too, watching the credits while wiping away her tears. Everybody else got up teary-eyed, some even complaining about how it ended.

"Oh my God, you've been crying since the start of the movie." Ni-ki laughed at her, getting a hit on the shoulder.

"Because it's so sad!" Yunmi exclaimed. The boy shook his head and made her get up.

Throwing their trash and grabbing her arm as they walk out, they had to stop and stand by the wall for Yunmi to compose herself, receiving weird stares from other people who watched the other movie that ended more... heartily.

"Come on, Choi. Why did you even decide to pick that move if it was going to be a sad one! If only I knew..." Ni-ki sighed, crossing his arms.

Watching her wipe her tears away, his thumb mindlessly made its way to her face and wiped the tear off before Yunmi could. It was such an unexpected action, startling Yunmi. She took his arm away, and that's when Ni-ki only realized what he did. He immediately inserted his hand inside his pocket.

"Um, your mascara's ruined too." Ni-ki stated to change the awkward atmosphere in between, which Yunmi let out a startling gasp.

"What?! Oh! I have to go to the restroom." Yunmi frantically looked around to look for the restroom sign.

"Wait-" Ni-ki was left behind as she ran off.

He awkwardly waited outside the girl's restroom, tapping his foot on the floor. He stared at the plain wall staring back at him, questioning himself why would he wipe her tears for her. It was unnecessary, but he felt the urge to do it that he wasn't able to stop himself. A wave of embarrassment gushed inside him, slowly banged his head against the wall with his eyes squinted close.

'Why did I do that?'

"Why did he do that?" Yunmi stared at herself in the mirror, mumbling a question indirectly for Ni-ki.

Maybe he was making fun of her, teasing her because she kept sobbing from a movie. Her mascara was messed up too, she must've looked ridiculous to him.

Yeah, it was probably because of that. (Really, Yunmi?)

She wasn't supposed to be taking too long inside. Once she looked properly fine and composed herself, she came out of the restroom.

"You done?" Ni-ki questioned.

"Yep. Since I've finally watched the movie, where do you wanna go?" Yunmi asked him as they began walking.

"I don't know. Let's just roam around somewhere else, there might be other things we can do." Ni-ki responded.

'And also let's just forget whatever that was a while ago.' Yeah, let's do that.

━━━━━━━━━━

Ni-ki's going through that
questioning his feelings stage 🤭