- 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Third person.

The following day, Yunmi was on the bus ride to school, seated at the back next to the window while listening to a particular song. Along with the song was her rehearsing the dance in her mind once again. 

Glimpsing outside to see her stop, she removed her earphones and stuffed them in her pocket. She waited for the bus to stop and joined the other students in stepping out and walking to school.

Arriving with a typical sight of crowdedness, she squeezed in to make a quick stop at her locker and grab her textbook for the first class.

Normally she wouldn't flinch anymore when a specific someone just pops out behind her, but the dance project hasn't slipped away from her worries that the jumpscare appearance of Ni-ki (slash her dance partner) caused a short yelp to escape from her mouth.

"It's been a while since that scared you. Good morning." Ni-ki sneered.

"Ha-ha." Yunmi robotically responded before walking away from him, though yes, she knew he won't be letting her go that easily already.

"You don't seem to be in a bright mood." Ni-ki noticed. Her stoic face remains still without replying.

"Well, I supposed that's normal on a daily school basis, but I'm guessing the dance project is the main reason for that." Ni-ki inquired, slowing down his tone in finishing his statement.

"Yes. Yes, it is." Yunmi glanced at him squinting her eyes and with a fake smile.

Ni-ki pulled something from his pocket and gave it to Yunmi. It was the chocolate bar that Ni-ki has a stack of inside the dance room, mainly for breaks.

"Relax yourself, just be confident. Better lift a genuine smile on your face before our performance, okay?" Ni-ki reassured as Yunmi took the chocolate bar from his hand.

"Fine, thanks." Yunmi could only say.

"I'll be right with you when it's about to start." Ni-ki said.

He pinched her cheek all of a sudden before leaving in a different direction. And as if on cue, the bell rang.

━━━━━

Yunmi and the rest of her class were in the gym, waiting for the other class to come. She was seated on the bleachers in between some girls having conversations that she don't wanna be part of.

The other class began to enter the gym, at last, immediately reaching for their partners. Yunmi spotted Ni-ki when he was already walking toward her.

"Hey look, Ni-ki's heading this way." A girl beside her said.

"That's because he's my partner." Yunmi uttered coldly. She moved away to give room for the approaching boy to sit down next to her.

"Hey." Ni-ki greeted and sat down.

"Hi." Yunmi intensely replied.

"I do not wanna hear another case of arguing from you and you so, see ya." The girl beside her said before disappearing away from the two that were both baffled.

"Did she think we're going to fight again?" Yunmi asked whispering.

"Maybe that's how well-known we are." Ni-ki joked.

"Cause we're enemies." Yunmi added which made them both cracked up, thinking how it sounds so funny (even though that is the exact word they used to describe each other).