. Chapter 24 .

Ace's POV:

I can't sleep. I never can anymore.

It's been to long since I've seen her brown eyes staring back at me. It's been to long since I've seen her gorgeous curly black hair. It's just been to long.

I think the only thing I can do now is stare into space since there are no more tears left for me.

I'm tired, so so tired. I don't even know if I can get out of bed anymore. It seems the only place that I feel happy is at home because when I'm at home I'm away from the dangers of the world.

"Ace honey come on we're leaving and your coming with us we need to go to the school to get some paper work for your graduation and since you haven't been at school in the past few days they have kindly let us go pick up some school work for you." I sighed and got up out of bed and faced my mom who looked like she was about to hit me.

"I don't understand Ace. How can you throw your life away like this? You need to start going to school again I've given you long enough to feel sorry for yourself but now I'm done." She said before slamming my door shut leaving me to be swallowed by the darkness of my room once more.

I grabbed my curtains and pulled them open to reveal the sun light as it filtered into my bedroom. I opened the window to let some of the smell out since it was pretty bad.

I then went into my bathroom and showered off the dirt I had over me from just sitting in my bed doing nothing for the past few days now.

After finishing my shower I wrapped a towel around my lower body and started to pick up the clothes from my floor and throw them into my laundry basket. I then made my bed and changed it with clean sheets and opened my closet and grabbed some black joggers and a grey t-shirt.

I was interrupted by my phone going off signalling a call from someone. I grabbed it and looked at the called ID to see Henry was calling me.

"Hello." My voice was groggy and husk since i haven't really spoken in days.

"Oh look who now decides to answer my calls after days of me trying to call you." Henry said from the other side of the phone. I can tell he just rolled his eyes from the other side of the phone.

"Sorry I was just. I wasn't really in the mood to talk." I finally said sadness clear in my tone.

"Hey it's ok you don't have to explain yourself to me I understand but dude you really gotta get out the house." Henry said disappointment evident in his voice.

"Ok I will but I'm going to school first to pick up my school work that I've missed." I sighed and grabbed my school bag with my free hand so I had something to put the work inside.

"Ok Ace I'll text you somewhere we can meet and talk." I nodded but then realised i was talking to him over the phone so I quickly replied with an 'ok' and hung up.

"Ace move your ass NOW!" My mom shouted from the bottom of the stairs for me to hurry the fuck up.

I walked down the stairs and met her at the bottom. I flashed her one of my signature grins making her roll her eyes and walk towards the front door and towards her car.
***
"Ok we're here so hurry the fuck up and get your work for the school so we can go to the mall.