Chapter 48: THING #3: Don't You Give Up

It was a beautiful day. A day filled with tears, pains, joy, love and hope; especially hope. It was "S.D." day: Surgery Day. Jungkook sat on a chair next to the bed, holding Jimin's hand and caressing the top of his head. Jimin was asleep. Jungkook wondered if this was how Jimin felt waiting for him to wake up on that horrible day; that felt so long ago now. But this time it would be different because no one was going to lose their memory.

Jungkook took up his hand and kissed it. A few tear drops fell from him as he remembered how difficult it was this morning for Jimin to leave him even though he tried looking brave. Jungkook knew because he had felt the exact same way. Would Jimin come back alive to him? Jungkook had also cried earlier, right after the nurses wheeled Jimin into the surgery area. He remembered doing the same thing with Abigail but she never came back to him.

As they had wheeled Jimin in, Jungkook heard his sweet voice echoing in the hall, "Jungkookie.....I love you... Don't you give up..." But just before the doors closed, he completed Jimin's sentence shouting out for him to hear, "..... I won't give up!" And he crumbled to the floor.

He felt the arms of his soon to be brother-in-law come around him. JiHyun had arrived early that morning as he had taken time off from work to be with them. Jungkook looked at the closed doors, "Let me love you..." Jungkook whispered knowing Jimin would probably being saying the same line right about now. The surgery had begun. Another one of the most heartbreaking wrecking moments in his life had begun.

JiHyun had looked at Jungkook. He loved them both so much and had grown to respect his big brother in such a greater aspect now. Things had really changed for the best between the two brothers. He went from the JiHyun who left Jimin alone to take care of their mom to the JiHyun now comforting Jimin's partner.

This was his way to show how much he loved his brother for all the sacrifices Jimin made not just for him to be a lawyer but to thank him for helping him become a loyal and family oriented man. JiHyun said nothing but just hugged Jungkook. The wait was going to be excruciatingly long but they would do it together... and they did.

Presently, Jungkook looked at his sleeping beauty. Jimin's surgery was a success. The doctors got the entire mass out and ensured that none of his other organs were infected. Jungkook sighed as he thought about the days leading up to this point. Everything happened so quickly. They had left South Korea a few months after the meeting with the Hiltons. Both Jimin and Jungkook had sat together and came up with a plan to move forward.

Jina had actually helped by transferring to the Busan Public Hospital and stayed with Claire. She took on a more administrative job at the hospital so her work hours would be more flexible. That way she could drop off and pick up Claire from school and help with her school work.

Jimin and Jungkook had stayed for Christmas and the New Year to make sure Claire was comfortable with their new arrangements. Jina did her best to make Claire happy. She had a few get-togethers and sleepovers for Claire, Sophie and a few of her schoolmates. She even invited Li-Li and Mrs. Hilton to a few PG girls' night out that involved tea parties, Disney movies, popcorn and lots of singing.

JiHyun had taken the position as the director in charge of the law firm and was now living in his family home he inherited. It was a huge house but he mainly occupied the bedroom and kitchen areas. Jina would bring Claire whenever she visited him. He couldn't wait to make her his wife so she would be a permanent resident and help fill some of the bedrooms with babies. He wanted her to feel at home but when she hesitated during an intimate moment, JiHyun understood her insecurities about them being together sexually. Jina was the one for him so he knew he would wait and he made sure she knew his love was only for her.