3

If you don't know Jisoo, you will see that she's just calmly walking towards their apartment door, sexy as ever, as she gently digs for the key in her purse.

If you are Chaeyoung, you will see that Jisoo's hands are shaking.

And if you are Jisoo, you know that you are doing your fucking best not to show how nervous you are.

Jisoo can still remember the way Chaeyoung gave her the poker face when she said she wanted to talk to her when they get home. The way that she cannot read Chaeyoung's thoughts during their cab ride somehow multiplied her anxious thoughts.

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuckity, fuckity, fuck.

She thought as the key somehow doesn't fit in the keyhole no matter how many times she turns it over and try again.

She can feel Chaeyoung's gaze on her back, her exposed back, and it doesn't make her feel any calmer.

After what feels like minutes of trying to open their apartment door, she finally succeeded.

She breathes a sigh of relief as she looks at Chaeyoung behind her. Chaeyoung, who always looks put together, now looks nervous and she doesn't have any idea why.

"Do you want something to drink?" she asked as they were inside their apartment.

"Just water, thanks. I'll go change for a bit."

Jisoo went to the fridge and retrieve a bottle of water, then stopped by a cupboard to get two glasses for her and Chaeyoung. As she poured them their drinks, Jisoo was caught deep in her thoughts.

From the moment Jisoo laid her eyes on Chaeyoung that first day on their shared apartment, she knew. She knew something big is going to happen between her and Chaeyoung. But she doesn't know what it is yet.

And of course, being Kim Jisoo, she needs a way to be close to Chaeyoung, even if that 'way' is so out of the normal way of befriending someone.

That's why after three months of thinking it through (more like one week, actually, but she doesn't want to look thirsty), Kim Jisoo asked Park Chaeyoung to be her friend, with a lot of good benefits. And Chaeyoung said yes immediately, agreeing to Jisoo's logic that to avoid one night stands and having a bad reputation for sleeping around during their college years, why not use their most available resources?

"Most available resources" translates to each other in Kim Jisoo's dictionary, and that most available resources has been good and going for the last five years.

More than good, actually.

More than good that Jisoo forgot to date people.

More than good that after a month of being friends with benefits she was already falling for Chaeyoung.

Because Chaeyoung is good, really good, in bed.

Sex with Chaeyoung has always been incomparable to all she had experience before. While Chaeyoung is rough and dominant and oh-so-fucking sexy in bed, she is also a really bright and caring person outside of the bedroom.

Chaeyoung just ticks all of Jisoo's boxes, she's just absolutely perfect.

Very much so.

Jisoo has been so wrapped up in her thoughts that she forgot about the water she's pouring, making her let out a string of expletives when she realised that the bottle is now empty, and the glass too full. Some of it already overflowed in the countertop.

"So, what is it that you wanna talk about?" Chaeyoung said as she emerged from her room. Now looking comfortable in her grey sweats. She went beside Jisoo and reached for a glass of water, some of it splashing out of the glass, and took a generous gulp.

Jisoo looked at her throat and clench her thighs as she watched Chaeyoung's throat move as she took another gulp.

"Thirsty much?" Jisoo smirked.

Chaeyoung looked at her straight in the eyes and licked her lips. "Very."

The innuendo wasn't lost on Jisoo. And if what she wants to tell Chaeyoung is not that important, she would be licking Chaeyoung's neck by now.

Jisoo took a deep breath and motioned that they both sit on their couch. Chaeyoung followed, still holding her glass of water.

"I don't know how you are going to take this but I have been thinking about this for a long time now." Jisoo blurted out as soon as she sat on the couch.

Chaeyoung looks at her with a frown marring her beautiful face.

"Go on. What is it? You're scaring me, Jis." gently placing her glass on the coffee table, Chaeyoung never break their eye contact and it made Jisoo fidget in her seat.

"I don't want to do this anymore."

There. She finally said it.

"W-what?" The look Chaeyoung have on her face made Jisoo confused. It was a mixture of disappointment, sadness, and something she cannot put her finger on.

"I want to stop being friends with benefits with you." she said softly, looking straight into Chaeyoung's eyes.  "I just, I-"

"Stop." Chaeyoung said abruptly. Jisoo can see her clenching and unclenching her jaw.

"Chae, you don't understand. We've been doing this for five years, don't you think it's time to-"

"I said stop, Jisoo." Chaeyoung cut her off again, more forcefully this time.

"You don't have to explain, I totally understand. Five years has been too long. It's probably high time for us to go out and date people. We're no longer in college." Chaeyoung said, still looking straight into her eyes, still clenching and unclenching her jaw.

"W-what?" That was not how this talk is supposed to go!

"If you call Jennie now, maybe she can still set you up with that Seulbi."

"Seulgi."

"Doesn't matter. I'm going to my room now, I'm tired."

"Chaeyoung, wait." she stood up, wanting to stop Chaeyoung from leaving.

"Good night, Jisoo."

Jisoo can only watch Chaeyoung walk into her own room, closing her door a bit too forcefully.

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck.

I'm Jisoo, and I'm seriously not fucking okay.

~~~~

Still in her dress from dinner, Jisoo sat in their couch for a good fifteen minutes, still shocked from Chaeyoung's reaction and how their talk went downhill faster than she can say "thank you, daddy."

Call Jennie. She remembered Chaeyoung say.

Oh, she's definitely calling Jennie now.

*AN: Okay, don't come at me. ✌️ I decided to divide the last part into two parts as it's longer than my usual chapters.