The story of Nuh (A.S)

Nuh (A.S) was born 146 years after the death of Aadam (A.S).The period between Aadam (A.S) and Nuh (A.S) was 10 centuries.

     When Aadam (A.S) died he left many great grand-children, grand-children and children behind. If Aadam (A.S) were told that ''O Aadam, these are all your children,” he would be surprised.    

      Aadam (A.S) had taught his children to never come in shaitan's trap. He taught them that Allah alone should be worshipped. Many of Aadam (A.S)'s children were very pious and well-mannered and loved by everyone. All the people followed one religion and worshipped only Allah. The people were also aware about shaitan's enmity with ALLAH and human beings. Shaitaan did not like the fact that Aadam (A.S)'s children would go to Jannat and he and his progeny would go to Jahannam. Shaitaan thought, “Now what should be done? If the people were to worship idols or other things and also ALLAH (which is called Shirk or making partners with ALLAH) they thus commit the biggest sin. If ALLAH wishes, every sin will be forgiven on the day of judgement (Qayamat) except Shirk. People doing shirk will go to Jahannam. Shaitaan wanted that the children of Aadam (A.S) indulge in shirk. He thought, “How is this possible?” Shaitaan knew that ALLAH hates shirk and also gets very angry on those who indulge in shirk. It was his motto that all mankind should go to Jahannam. Well, if he tells them directly, they will tell him, “you are Shaitaan; you are the one who misguided Aadam (A.S) so much that you were thrown out of Jannat. You are our enemy.” Now Shaitaan thought of a plan.      

SHAITAAN'S PLAN

     Shaitaan told the people, “your pious forefathers have died, you must be remembering them.” They said, “Yes, we do miss them.” He replied, “Why don't you draw pictures of them so that you never forget them, hence you can always see them.” He convinced them so much that they readily made pictures of them and made it a point to look at them every day.

    Just like humans have progressed from bullock-carts to cars, aeroplanes etc. From photos, they also progressed to making idols. In every house they made an idol but were aware that this idol is only a remembrance of our forefathers; they did not worship them. 

Then their children started worshipping the idols. Thus Shaitaan became successful in his mission. The people used to worship the idols and also ALLAH. They thought that if we worship our pious forefathers then they will become happy and our work will be done. They even began to sacrifice animals (qurbani) in front of their idols and would prostate (do sajda) in front of them. Thus gradually they began idol worship.     

     When they began worshipping idols, ALLAH got very angry and why not?

     ALLAH has provided us with land to live on, a roof over our heads, a full meal thrice a day, clothes to wear and various other bounties. Allah makes the rain fall, the farms green and what not. Allah does everything. So, if we give credit to someone other than ALLAH, is it not wrong? Is it not injustice? 

     ALLAH stopped the rain, but they did not do taubah. How can one do taubah if he believes that he is on the right path?

      ALLAH is Rahman (gracious) and Raheem (merciful), so ALLAH sent a Nabi, Nuh (A.S) to them, to guide them towards the right path.

     When a king wants to pass an order or a new rule in his country, what does he do? Does he go to every person and tells that this is my new rule, please follow it? No, that is against his status. We know that he will do no such thing. He will send his men to make an announcement. So how do you think ALLAH would guide mankind towards himself? Through prophets, of course!

      Allah ta'alas prophets were humans just like us. If they were angels (farishtas) then people would tell them, “we eat and drink, you don’t. We have wives and children to look after, you don’t; so it's easy for you to do ibaadat of Allah but we can't.” Since the prophets of Allah ta'ala were humans they could tell that we are just like you, we need to eat and drink, we too have wives and children, yet we do ibaadat of ALLAH, we obey ALLAH'S commands and do the work of ALLAH.