The story of Lut (A.S)

Lut (A.S) was Ibrahim (A.S)'s nephew. He migrated (hijrat) with Ibrahim (A.S) to Egypt. He was sent to the city of Sadum and its valley as a prophet.

His people committed a sin which no one on earth had done before them, they did not marry women instead they married men.

Lut (A.S) advised them to get out of this sinful and shameful act, but they were blinded in their passion and did not listen. He warned them about Allah's punishment, but they used to get angry and threatened to drive to drive him of the city.

Lut (A.S) told them, "fear Allah and obey his commands" "Your sin is the worst of sins" "My reward is from Allah alone." Etc.  But people told him to not stay here as he was very clean and this continued for years.

In Lut (A.S) family, everyone accepted Imaan, except his wife. His life was a continuous misery in and out, but yet he continued his davaat towards Allah for years but no one listened to him. Lut (A.S) prayed to Allah for help.

When the angels came to give glad tiding to Ibrahim (A.S) about Ishaaq (A.S) and then Yaqoob (A.S), they told them that they were going to Lut (A.S)'s people for giving them azaab (punishments). Ibrahim (A.S) told the angels that even Lut (A.S) lived with them. They angels replied that Lut (A.S) and his family will be saved except his wife and that this azaab (punishment) was going to come to them.

So these angels went to Sadum city where the disguised themselves as young handsome men. Near the river they met Lut (A.S)'s daughter who was filling her jug with water. They asked her, "Is there a place to rest? His daughter replied, "Don't enter until I Inform my father and return." They then asked, "Can we rest tonight at your house."

Now Lut (A.S) was in a massive fix and his face fell. He knew the nature of his people ad he did not want to disrespect his guests. He explained politely about their nature and told them to wait until the night fell so no one can see them. When the night fell, Lut (A.S) took his guest to his house, but his wife who was a non-believer leaked the news to the whole town. A huge mob approached Lut (A.S)'s house and Lut (A.S) got scared. He locked the door but they yet kept banging on the door.

He told them to go. He told them, "Be ashamed of your sins. You have your wives." But they just laughed at his. They we blinded by passion. Lut (A.S) begged them but they were not going to listen. He became helpless and powerless. What could he do in front of such a huge crowd?

Seeing the state of Lut (A.S), the angels told them that they were not humans and were angels and had come to give azaab (punishment) to his people. The angels said, "These people can do us no harm. When the morning arrives, we shall give the azaab (punishment).

Lut (A.S) was very depressed and disturbed by the attitude of his people. It was a great insult for him. He was a prophet and mostly he had guests but his people were so shameless, they came in mobs to just fulfil their desires even when they knew that what they were doing was very wrong.

Lut (A.S) was told to leave the place before morning with his family except his wife who was a non-believer.

So when dawn struck. One angel was ordered to take the whole town on his wings near the 1st sky. The town was taken so high that even the angels in the first sky could hear the crowing of the cocks and then were turned upside down from there and then a rain of stone was poured on them. Lut (A.S)'s people went through double Azaab, for their shameful behaviour.

TODAY THE DEAD SEA IS A REMINDER OFTHIS TO US.

Nothing can still be alive in the Dead Sea till today.

"oh Allah save us all from sins and save us all from your azaab." AMEEN.

Note- The next story, Yusuf (A.S) will be updated on the 5th of June. Inshallah. Like always vote and share the story and do comment telling me how you like the book so far as well as you can point out some errors. It will be appreciated as well. Jazakallahu Khair.