The story of Hud (A.S)

Hud (A.S) was sent to the people of Aad. (Kaum-e-Aad). These people lived in the windswept hills of an area between Yemen and Oman. These people were physically well built and were very wealthy and were very proud of their strength. Allah had given them everything, children, loads of cattle’s, horses, camels etc. 

   The people of Aad knew Allah and worshiped him but with that, they worshiped idols them, along with the various gods that they made with their own hands. Worshiping Allah as well as something else or someone else is known as SHIRK and Allah does not tolerate it.

  They built palaces and were proud about it. They did not fear Allah nor did they believe that they will ever die. They looked around the earth and found out that they were the strongest people on earth, which made them proud and obstinate.

   Hazrat Hud (A.S) told them, “O my people, serve Allah, you have no other god than him. Certainly you do nothing but invent (lies). What happened to your thinking? If you give a dog a bone he will never forget it, he will become your slave and will never leave you, but you leave your creator for others. Have you ever seen any bird or animal prostrating (sajda) to anyone?  But his people had never given a thought to the Day of Judgment or Allah. So how would he answer him? So they told him that something was wrong with him.

   The rich people told him, “O Hud (A.S) we feel you are out of your mind or you have gone mad. We think you are a liar.” He replied, “ Nor am I mad, nor foolish, nor am i liar but I am your Prophet ( Nabi ) to guide you towards your right path, to warn you towards the day of Judgment ( Akhirat ), which is most certain.”

  They argued with him saying, “O Hud (A.S) you are like us, how can a man be a Prophet (Nabi)? When you are a common man and not even rich?”

Hud (A.S) told them, “O my people, Nuh (A.S) was also a Prophet (Nabi) who was send to his forefathers. Do you think Allah will go to each person to tell him this is right and this is wrong?”

They told him, “Because our idols have got angry on you, you have gone out of your head or you have gone mad.”

Have you noticed how Hud (A.S) addresses his people by saying, “O MY PEOPLE?” and in return all he got was rude comments and mean remarks. Imagine what he must be feeling, he did not despair. Allah gives in each Prophet (Nabi), the love for his people.

Hud (A.S) said to his people, “O my people, these statuses are made you and it can’t harm nor they can do any good. Everything is in Allah’s hand. Even a leaf turns with his will. I trust my Allah, who is my creator and your creator as well.”

People told him, “When will your azaab (punishment) come, which you always scare us of? Bring azaab (punishment) on us if you are truthful?”

They could have asked Allah for the right part but they didn’t care about the right path or of the hereafter (akhirat).

Allah stopped the rains and there was a famine, crops and animals were dying and because of that there was no new cultivation as well. Everyone in Aad wanted rains and each one had their eyes on the sky, their main aim was “THE RAIN.”

Allah has made man in such a way that he cannot do anything himself. He is dependent and solely dependent on Allah for everything. Then to he acts too smart.

After one day, the people of Aad saw a black cloud, which was a sign of rain and they were overjoyed about it.

Hud (A.S) understood that the cloud was the sign of Allah’s azaab (punishment).

Allah had given them an ample amount of time to understand him but even the stopping of rain did not make them understand Allah.

Hud (A.S) warned them that this rain was not a cloud of rain but a cloud that contains wind, and in this wind there is azaab (punishment).

Then when Allah told him, Hud (A.S) moved out of town with his imaanwalas, as Allah’s Orders.

This wind started becoming faster, it became so fast that it started carrying people with it, and also whatever that came in its way. These were the same people who used to say that no one could be stronger than them. They were flying in the air banging to each other, shouts of men, women and children could be heard, but who could have saved them?

This wind continued for 7 days and 8 nights.

Who could stop this rain? Everything was destroyed and no one alive. They did not even have anyone to mourn their death.

All of them remained motionless and vultures used to come and eat them.

ALLAH SAVE US ALL FROM HIS AZAAB. ( AMEEN )

Allah sends his rehmat on all prophets.

All praises are for ALLAH.

Like always comment if there is some error, vote and share with a many people as possible.