The story of Habil and Qabil.

Allah blessed Hazrat Aadam (A.S) and Ma Hava with the birth of their first pair of children Qabil and his sister. Then Ma Hava (Eve) gave birth to the 2nd pair of twins, Habil and his sister.

      When they grew up and reached the marriageable age, Allah revealed to Aadam (A.S) that he should marry each son to the twin sister of the other.

     Now, Qabil was displeased with the partner chosen for him because Habil's twin sister was not as beautiful as his own sister. On the other hand Habil was Allah's pious slave (banda).He was aware of shaitan's enmity.     

     Aadam (A.S) wanted peace and harmony in his family so he asked Allah for help. Allah commanded that each son offer a sacrifice and the one whose offering was accepted would be right.

     Habil offered his best camel while Qabil offered his worst grain. Qabil's sacrifice was not accepted by Allah because of his disobedience to his father and the insincerity in his offering.

     Qabil got angry and his heart was filled with jealousy and he said to his brother ''I will kill you.” Habil tried to reason with his brother and tried to bring him on the straight path; Habil said ''my brother you are deviating from the right path and are sinful in your decisions. It is better that you repent to Allah and forget about your foolish threat, but if you do not, then I will leave the matter in the hands of Allah. You alone will bear the result of your sin, for the fire is the punishment for the wrong doer.''

     His brother's words had no effect on Qabil. He struck his brother with a stone and his brother died instantly. This was the first crime committed on earth, the first murder.          

     Now Qabil did not know what to do with the body of his dead brother. He used to carry it on his back and move about here and there to hide it. Anger had now vanished and guilt had taken its place.

     Allah then sent two crows, they first fought and then one crow killed the other. The live crow then dug a hole in the ground and buried the dead crow. Now Qabil said, “Why did I not think of this before?” Then he did just what he had seen; he buried his brother Habil.

     After Aadam (A.S), Seesh (A.S) came as a Nabi, and then Idris (A.S) came as Nabi.