Rebels: Kanera

Kanan Jarrus and Hera Syndulla stood and watched the sunset over Lothal together.

Even blind, Kanan took in the force around him, especially the Twi'lek beside him. She leaned into him, her head on his shoulder and she sighed.

"I love you, you know that?" Hear spoke is a hushed tone. She looked up at Kanan's face and held it in her hands. She looked into his white eyes, seeing all the pain that the war had caused them.

"I'm sorry I waited so long to tell you, love. I..I was scared and thought we had more time. Now, I realise that time is running out."

Kanan sighed and looked at Hera. 

"And I love you. You are right, we were scared, for Ezra, Sabine, Zeb and maybe even chopper. Going blind made me see not only more, but clearer in some ways. But I wish I could see you."

Hera smiled. "You can always see me." She gently traced the scar around his eyes and let go. They kissed, under the firey sunset of Lothal, in a blissful ignorance of what's to come.

Then, they made love under the stars, maybe for the last time.

--Time skip--

Kanan was shielding the Ghost from the fire, the force channeling through him. Hera screamed, yelling at him to get on the ship. Without thinking, Ezra used the Force and held the flames back, Hera grabbing Kanan's arm and yanking him onto the ship.

Slapping Kanan, Hera started yelling at him about sacrificing his life, and how if he died so would she. In response, he just hugged her, then ignoring their surroundings, kissing passionately as they flew away.

Back at the camp, Sabine was hassling Zeb for the money he owed her from loosing the bet.

"Hey! That's not fair!"

"Didn't you bet that they wouldn't kiss in front of us, let alone twice?! So by the rules of betting, you owe me 60 credits."

Zeb groaned and reluctantly passed over the credits. Sabine then walked over to where Ezra was meditating and sat down beside him.

"Did you know Kanan planned to sacrifice himself?" Ezra shot a look at Sabine then faced the setting sun once again.

"No, but I'm sure the force has a bigger plan for him yet."

(A/N Hello there! I just finished watching rebels and yes I know I'm late to finishing it. Kanan and Hera are by far the healthiest relationship in Star wars and Dave Filoni had to kill it off. So I made everyone happy with this! Enjoy the next few What ifs!