What if?

(A/N I suggest you listen to The Red Means I Love You by Madds Buckley while reading this)

"Padme can't you see? I have brought peace finally!"

Anakin stood based in the red aura of Mustafar's fiery landscape. His once blue eyes, now a ringed with a sickly yellow with flecked of red, added to the fact that Anakin was gone. The creature that stood before her now was a monster. A creation forged from the pain and suffering of her husband.

"Ani, I....I can't." Tears welled in her eyes as she looked onto her love. His gaze faltered as his eyes flicked up to the ramp of her ship.

"Ahsoka? Are you here to join me too?" Childlike eagerness glossed over his face as Padme turned to see Ahsoka.

"I'm sorry Anakin but I'm not. I can't let you go on like this. Killing this many people, causing this much pain." Hurt shone in the Togruta's eyes as she descended, stepping in front of the senator.

"What? What are you talking about Snips?"

'Snips. He called me Snips.' She thought to herself, pushing away the heavy memories associated with that name.

"I'm sorry Anakin but I will not let you hurt her."

"Hurt her?" An animal like growl answered her, the fury almost palpable.

Vader took a step forward and Padme a step back, fear in her eyes, holding her stomach.

"You think I would hurt my wife and child?" A cold and dead laugh left his lips as his eyes snapped on his former apprentice.

"You DARE suggest that?! You know nothing of what I've done for them! Everything I did I did for them, for you!"

"You killed people for us. You killed children for us. How does that make sense Anakin? All the blood you spilt? Why would you do something so...vile?" Ahsoka swallowed hard, finding it hard to look at him.

"Oh, Snips. You'll understand soon enough. Or you won't. Either way the blood on my hands will also be on yours. No one is innocent anymore and under my new empire? We will be drowning in it." A sickly smile spread across his face as he drew his lightsaber.

Sighing, Ahsoka pushed Padme back and ignited her own, feeling the crackling blue flame light up her face, the red of Mustafar's lakes lighting the other side. 

(A/N Heyyyyy sry I haven't updated in a while, skl has been hectic and I just got into half term so will be updating a lot more)