You're safe, love

Hera Syndulla looked into he eyes of her love, her life, her soul mate as he pushed away a fiery inferno. Kanan Jarrus looked back but his eyes were clouded and unseeing. Using one hand to push away the ship, he used the other to shield himself.

The ghost crew looked on, Ezra sensing the love and bond that Kanan and Hera share be wrenched apart by the knowledge one of them won't make it out of this alive. Unable to bear it, Ezra reached out and joined Kanan in holding back the flames. Hungry and ready to devour anything and everything in its path, the fire licked at the their feet. Master and Padawan held back the flames, together, as one.

Hera, with tears running down her face signaled Sabine to grab Ezra as she took Kanan. They leapt into the shuttle and took off, the explosion barely missing them. Hera collapsed against Kanan's chest and started to sob, screaming at him.

"YOU COULD HAVE DIED?! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING KANAN?! IF YOU COULD SEE HOW ANRGY I AM YOU WOULD BE RUNNING!"

Kanan smiled, and looked down at her. His eyes were the same green blue colour they were as when she first met him. Wanting to say something she tried, but wave after wave of sobs racked her bruised and aching body. She sank to the floor in the arms of the love of her life and cried.

"I know love, I know." He hugged her tighter and looked towards Ezra. He, on the other hand was being crushed by Sabine who decided to never let him go again.

As they got back to Yavin 4, Hera was still crying, unusual for her, a person who cried very rarely.
When she finally stopped, all she could say was:

"Kanan you are a fucking idiot and I love you. Your hair is hideous by the way."