Angels

Padme Amidala collapsed in a heap on the couch after a long day of discussions, debates and down right exhausting arguments. Anakin, hearing a thump, left the small kitchen and stood in the living room, chuckling as he saw his wife sleeping. He lifted her up slowly so as not to wake her, and carried her to the bedroom.

It was as if she weighed nothing, and although she was six months pregnant, Anakin lifted her as easily as he would a small child. He set her down and just as he was going to go back to the kitchen, he heard a soft voice call out.

"Stay with me Ani." Smiling, the Jedi turned and lay down next to her, putting her head on his lap.

"Of course Angel, whatever you need." Padme giggled at the memory of why he called her an angel, and reminded her husband of it too.

"Ani, do you remember what the first thing you said to me was? Back on Tatooine?"

Anakin smirked and ran a hand through his curly brown hair, face scrunched up as it was a difficult memory to recall.

"Padme, of course I do. I asked you 'Are you an angel?' because you were the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. Now I have seen a real Angel, and you are infinitely more stunning in comparison."

Touched by the affection, and loving the feeling of him near her, the senator drifted off the the soothing voice of her husband, dreaming about all that there was to come.