Peace

Kanan Jarrus tossed and turned in his bed. Visions and images flashed before his eyes, his master, Depa Billaba's death, Vader, Maul, red flashes and the darkness, forever approaching.

He gasped and bolted upright, brown hair coming loose from his hastily tied bun. He breathed, and glanced at the Twi'lek sleeping peacefully beside him. Her features, usually in a smirk or molded to a death glare, now relaxed and tranquil. The Jedi sighed and got up and walked to the cockpit. Although blind, he still enjoyed the peace of hyperspace, the feeling of being nowhere and everywhere all at once. The kind he treasured as a child, growing up during a brutal war. Hearing the door open behind him, he looked and found Hera standing in the doorway, hands on hips and frowning.

"Love, are you ok?" A line of concern formed between her brows, emphasising her emerald green eyes.

"Yeah, just....couldn't sleep."

Without another word, the pilot went over to him, and curled up in his arms, as she had done countless times in the past. Her presence soothed him and the warmth and feel of her body against his immediately comforted him. A few minutes past, then a beautiful melody filled the still night air, calming and peaceful.

The words, although in Twi'leki brought a sense of home to the blind man, the soothing voice of the woman in his lap easing the pain of the flashbacks. They slept there till morning, where a young boy found the couple, and silently brought a blanket, smiling as he did so.