°21°

"How dare he?" I gnarled.

"Abegi shut up! What do you mean by that?" My mom slapped my arm, pinched my wrist and took the receipt from me. "That Prince looks genuine. I'm sure he likes you but you are rejecting him".

"Ah!" I gasped and stared at my mom.

"You can leave. Thank you!" She said to the nurse. The nurse nodded and left our midst.

"Mummy, I'm not like that. He's just a friend oo....So how dare he do that?" I barked.

"Can't your friend help you?" She hissed. "No wonder the doctors and nurses were willing to do the operation. They were paid well. God bless that Prince!"

"Mum?" I stared in disbelief.

"Your father's life is important!" she replied in a heartbeat. "Get a husband but this my stronghead daughter will not".

I rolled my eyes.

"Hey, look at me!" She placed both hands on her hip. "Prince is husband material. From the way he looks at you, he truly cares. Don't miss this chance oo. Get him to yourself. He is even handsome sef. My grandchildren go fine die!"

"Ah! Mummy? What are you saying?"

"Your dad wants a grandchild. He wants to see his daughter married. You are not getting young oo!"

"Mummy!" I growled.

"Don't mummy me! Mtcheww! God bless that Prince. I even like him sef. He is so caring," she continued to sing Prince's praise.

I growled and kept a good distance between us. "Blah! Blah! I'm not listening mom".

"This child sef!" My mom hissed and went back to the bench.

A few hours later, the operation was done and a nurse announced to us that they had successfully treated my dad's leg. They also said he was showing signs of consciousness. We then agreed to give my dad an hour to rest hoping he would wake up soon.

My mum sang praises to God in the hallway while I sat staring at my phone. I know deep down in me that I should tell Prince about the successful operation but I was indecisive. Calling Prince was a wise to thing to do and it would show that I appreciate his effort to help my family.

After some minutes of pondering, I decided to call him. I picked my phone but before I could dial, a nurse caught my attention.

"Good afternoon ma!" she greeted me. "Are you Miss Anita Tosin?"

"The surgeon wants to see you. It's related to your dad's health

I nodded and followed the nurse. She opened an office for me. I walked in. She peered in and announced, "Sir, she's here". And then she left the office.

The man who had his attention on a book quickly snapped his head at my direction. Our eyes met and I gulped.

"Um..." he cleared his throat. "Your dad will be alright but here is the list of the drugs he needs. Get it in the chemist downstairs. I was told you have paid for the drugs before hand".

Prince paid! Not me.

"Yeah!"

"These are the drugs!" he extended his hand with a sheet of paper in it.

"Thank you!" I said tersely. But what I didn't expect was for him to seize my hand. He caged my hand between his two palms and stared into my eyes.

"Do you remember me? I know you do. I am so happy. I've missed you, Anita my love!"

Did he just dare to add my love to my name?