°32°

°•°• Prince's POV•°•°•

"Barbara, can you please calm down?" I sneered and dragged my palm down my face. "I can't hear what you are saying. You are rapping".

"I'm rapping? Are you deaf? Mom had an heart attack. We are rushing to the hospital right now," my sister snapped and I cringed at that.

"Heart attack?" I gasped. This is not the kind of news I want to hear this early morning.

"Yes," her voice quivered. "I'm scared, Prince. We have been trying to prevent this for years. Mom's heart is fragile".

I sighed. "Is it about Amarachi's birthday?"

"You are mad!" she yelled and my ears bled.

"You have no respect," I thundered.

"You shouted at mom and threatened not to come home. She didn't sleep last night. She was worried about you. This is all your fault, you selfish idiot"

I placed my hand at the edge of the table in front of me and clenched my fingers around my phone. "What did you call me," I growled, my anger flaring up. I hardly loose my cool but my sister's sharp mouth always had a way of putting me on edge.

"Dad and I are following the ambulance. Come home, Prince," she said pleadingly.

I knew I shouldn't ask but I did. "Is this some trick you cooked up with Mom to get me to come home?"

There was silence before she screamed, "What has gotten into you? How can we do that? Mum's life is at risk and you are telling me this? I don't care about Amarachi right now. I only care about mom".

"Fine!" I sighed and suppressed my fear. "Mom will be fine. I promise. I'll call Dr Chika to check up on her. He is the best cardiologist I know".

"Okay! It's just- " her words were cut shot and then, a loud screeching sound boomed from the other line. There was screams and metal clashing into metal.

"What just happened? Barbara?" I yelled into the phone.

"Pr....p..." Her voice came out weak."Help me" and then her gasps for air echoed in the background.

"Car accident!" A voice in my head yelled.

All my frantic emotions shut down and I was back to my cool, calm and collected self. I closed up my emotions and like a robot, started packing. All I had in mind was to get to the airport and to my family.

The moment I opened my door, Anita was at the verge of knocking. Her knuckle seized in the air. "Good morning, Prince"

"Good morning," I replied and moved closer to her, hoping she would move back so I could walk right out of the hotel. She stood firm and cocked a brow.

"Are you going somewhere?"

"Family emergency," I replied with not much thought. "Excuse me, please". She did, while staring at me with bafflement.

"Do you need my help in anyway? What's the emergency?"

"I can't talk right now. I've got to go," I said. I remembered the plans I had with Anita and how I was to tell how I felt for her. Right now, my goal was to be with my family and I didn't think there will be time for chitchats. "I've got to go". Though they might not be time to talk, but there was time to show some act of love to her. I pulled her into a big hug and kissed her forehead.

"I love you," I said to her and started my journey down to the elevator.

"I love you too" she screamed back at me. I paused and glanced at her. She was winked and blew an airkiss. She just made my day.