° 39 °

"I will not enter that bike for two hundred naira. Ah ahan! Somewhere that is not even far, you want to take that big amount," I hissed at the okada driver. He scrunched his nose and adjusted himself on his bike. "Take one hundred naira".

"I no dey take am, madam. The place far. The money na two hundred," he scowled.

"Somewhere that is trekkable? That I can trek to now now now?" I exclaimed and forced my purse into my bag in rage.

"Then trek na. Madam, no dey stress me," he replied curtly and drove off. My jaw dropped as my heated gaze followed his moving motorcycle.

"You are not well," I yelled at him and hissed. "Nonsense. I no blame you. It is me that came to talk to a goat like you".

With my face creased in anger, I began my trek to my apartment. It's seven in the evening and I was just done with my work in the hospital. Three months without Prince has been unbearable but I survived. It turned out that I actually got used to him during our fake dating period. I'm clueless on what's happening in his life. I did my part of the agreement. I stayed away from him. I never contacted him even though I was tempted to. I just hoped that I'll soon get in touch with him. 

"Anita! Anita, is that you?" A masculine voice called out behind me. I craned my head till I could see the individual. There stood a tall dark figure with a face I do remember. He was my ex in university. Can you imagine?

An awkward smile graced my face. "Bro, how far na?"

He sent a cheeky smile at me. "Anita, it's been long since we last saw. I dey oo. How your side?"

"It has been good oo. Ah! You are all grown-up. See your beards!" I teased. His smooth face years back, now had thick facial hair around his jaw.

"Yes na! More than two years has passed"

"Yeah," I replied and then, smirked. "I remember that day I dumped you. You were begging me not to leave you".

"Mtchew!" he let out and chuckled. "You will not just forget that day. Why did you bring it up now?"

"To mock you na" I burst out in laughter.

"Yeah! I've moved on. You can be mean eh. You just broke up with me like that that year.  It shocked me"

I shrugged. "There was no sense in our relationship".

He nodded and his pace matched mine as we walked down the road. "Are you still single?"

I eyed him. "Single ke?"

"So you have found a guy?"

"Hmm.." I recalled the kiss I had shared with Prince. "Yeah".

"Awwwwn!" he laughed.

"Ode! I'm taken. Don't shot your shoot"

"No na. I'm not like that"

"I'm just telling you beforehand," I said with a goofy smile on. Though we had broken up long ago, we were still good friends. That's what I liked about him.

"You don't need to worry," he replied.

"Why? You are taken too?"

"Yeah," he said with a proud smile, his chest rising. "I'm married to the best woman in the world".

I paused and turned to him. "Married?"

"Yes," he said with joy.

My eyes widened. "Ah ahan! When did that one happen?"

"Last year," he said and bowed his head with a shy smile.

"Oh my gosh! Congratulations!" I cheered and gave him a side-hug.