Chapter 1 - Wrapped Around Your Finger

A/N this story is completely for fun so it may be trash but i'll post it in for all my fello ATL/5SOS stans. That being said I'm kinda just winging it so If you have any ideas for chapters you wanna see let me know! I hope people are still on wattpad in 2021 hello besties (also yes the main character will be named stella its an all time low story how can I not??)

Stella's POV
My brother Luke and I have grown up along side each other making music. Jack and Ben were great brothers too but Luke always understood me. We both fell in love with the same music and were just as thrilled to be playing it. We uploaded some videos of us playing on his YouTube channel: "Hemmo1996" He took it far more seriously than I ever did. His videos with his friends calum, ashton, and michael started picking up some real traction. They went by "5 Seconds of Summer" some thing Michael pulled out of his ass but it had a ring to it. I have to admit I was envious. I didn't really have a solid friend group who had the same passion for music that I did. Most of my days I spent attached to Luke and his friends. I sat in my room and watched them run around like idiots. Spring had just begun and it's the time of the year when Sydney looked the most beautiful.
I began to reflect on when I met them. I always ignored Lukes friends when they were over until one night they were out till midnight. My room faced the backyard and I could hear every word coming from their mouths. I started blasting music in hopes to give them a hint to shut up. Suddenly I heard a thud on my window. I ignored it until 2 more came about. I groaned and got up. To my surprise it was Lukes friends throwing rocks at my window at fucking midnight. I met them in my backyard that night.
"Hey!" Michael shouted as I stood in the yard arms folded. "Just wanted to let you know we appreciate the free concert. A blink-182 fan I see?"
"Yep." I muttered and rubbed my hands against my eyes. "Beats the noise of you guys screaming."
He gave me a dirty look and smirked.
"Guys come on!" Calum shouted from the driveway.
"Oh! You're gonna love this." Michael began running toward everyone else and motioned for me to follow.
Luke shook his head "uh uh you're staying home."
"Hm I don't know. I kinda like your friends."
"Stella.. absolutely not. Go inside."
"Luke," Ash started "It's fine! We don't mind it. Now lets go before someone takes our spot."
"Fine." Luke shot me one last dirty look before we got into Ashtons car. I didnt know it then but going with them was one of the best choices I could've made. Ashton was like my older brother that I didn't pick on me. Michael was chaotic and we harassed the rest of the group like little gremlins. Calum was sweet and someone I felt comfortable talking about anything with.
We made our way to the beach that night. "Santa Cruz Beach" an old wooden sign read. There was a spot tucked away. It had uneven rocks along the shore and trees arching over our heads. We laid across the rocks and it was the farthest thing from comfortable but the sounds of rushing water under the full moon made me forget that. We stayed out there for hours and talked about god knows what. I remember us talking about our plans for the future. We really thought we were gonna make it big. They joked about me being their opening act as if it wouldnt be the other way around. But we were just stupid kids from Austrlia who knows if we'll even play open mic next week.